Emailing? What the hell have I done???

e2o

OK, here's what happened. I clicked 'Run Automatic Statements' thinking it would print out the statements to my printer (all customers are set to 'Mail' for their statements).

The printer popped out one statement... and then nothing else happened.

On investigation I see that I have got the options set to send directly to other side (own server ???) which was the default option in the program that I've never changed, and now I'm paranoid that I've sent everything by email. However, I also have 'Do Not Send' chosen in the options. So now I'm not sure what has happened.

QUESTIONS:

1) Has the program sent my statements by email?

2) How can I check, and shouldn't there be a record of sending those emails... somewhere?

3) I'm assuming that if I have sent out emails, I've sent the clients personal statements out to them, and not sent everyone else's statements out to everyone (if that makes sense?)

• 1 month later...
OK, here's what happened. I clicked 'Run Automatic Statements' thinking it would print out the statements to my printer (all customers are set to 'Mail' for their statements).

The printer popped out one statement... and then nothing else happened.

On investigation I see that I have got the options set to send directly to other side (own server ???) which was the default option in the program that I've never changed, and now I'm paranoid that I've sent everything by email. However, I also have 'Do Not Send' chosen in the options. So now I'm not sure what has happened.

QUESTIONS:

1) Has the program sent my statements by email?

2) How can I check, and shouldn't there be a record of sending those emails... somewhere?

3) I'm assuming that if I have sent out emails, I've sent the clients personal statements out to them, and not sent everyone else's statements out to everyone (if that makes sense?)

I am wondering why this question has not been answered?? I have exactly the same questions as this fellow...

I don't see anywhere where to set up the "STATEMENT" conditions

Thanks for a response

PJ3

Guest nchmw

In the Options --> Company tab, if you have set the statements to "Do not send" then it would not have emailed out the statements to your customers. It will print them on the assumption that you will want to send them or just want them printed for your information.

If you do have it set to sending out emails it only sends the statement to the relevant customer so they only see their own statement.

The next time you do this, you can check to see that all your statements are printed by then going into Reports --> Unpaid Accounts and seeing how many customers are listed as the statements only relate to customers who have not paid their invoice on time.

• 9 months later...