Vista conflict

oldhag

My machine runs on vista, and there seems to be a conflict between it and one element in the NCH-programs. 'Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is *nchssvad.'

The result is that windows is constantly trying to find and install a driver for 'an unknown device'.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound

Architecture: x86

Hardware Id: *nchssvad

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1044

The NCH-programs - I have several, and don't know which of them has this 'nchssvad'-thing built in, but my impression is it is several - are generally running just fine, but this endless search-and-fail mission by Windows is at best very irritating, and at worst slows everything down. I don't know what this means, and I have no idea what to do about it. Plus, I figured you good people over there at NCH might need to know about it, if it is a system conflict between Vista and your programs.

My machine runs on vista, and there seems to be a conflict between it and one element in the NCH-programs. 'Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is *nchssvad.'

The result is that windows is constantly trying to find and install a driver for 'an unknown device'.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound

Architecture: x86

Hardware Id: *nchssvad

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1044

The NCH-programs - I have several, and don't know which of them has this 'nchssvad'-thing built in, but my impression is it is several - are generally running just fine, but this endless search-and-fail mission by Windows is at best very irritating, and at worst slows everything down. I don't know what this means, and I have no idea what to do about it. Plus, I figured you good people over there at NCH might need to know about it, if it is a system conflict between Vista and your programs.

Hi oldhag :lol:

Apparently this driver belongs to Soundtap

the 'Convert -> Convert Audio Stream' launches Soundtap so this doesn't surprise me, it might of had a bad install. You could try look for Soundtrap in Add/Remove programs or do a fresh install from the NCH website which should fix or remove the driver problem altogether.

Hi oldhag :lol:

Apparently this driver belongs to Soundtap

the 'Convert -> Convert Audio Stream' launches Soundtap so this doesn't surprise me, it might of had a bad install. You could try look for Soundtrap in Add/Remove programs or do a fresh install from the NCH website which should fix or remove the driver problem altogether.

I tried a new install, but the same problem happened again. I have uninstalled Soundtap altogether for now, and the problem is gone - at least you told me which of the programs caused it - thanks!