Detection failure of DTMF tones & end-of-call

joalf

I have two problems that may or may be related so I'm describing them together.

PROBLEMS: Here are the two problems:

1) Failure to detect "brief" DTMF tones:

The program fails at times to detect DTMF tones when the outgoing message is speaking. If the caller is calling from a phone where pressing the button for a longer time (maybe a second) extends the DTMF in time, that solves the problem. From certain brands of cellphones (such as LG) where pressing the button for a longer time does not extend the length of the tone, or from a desktop phone when I briefly "punch" the button, IVM does not pick up the tone when the OGM is speaking.

Can I do anything to help the IVM reliably pick up a DTMF tone at the same time it is talking?

2) Failure to detect end of call.

When the callers hang up during an OGM, IVM fails to detect the hangup. I'm in the USA and don't know of any end of call tones--just silence. The IVM finally hangs up when I abort the IVM program entirely or when the OGM logic brings it to a goodbye.

When the caller is leaving a phone message, IVM detects some seconds of silence and then successfully hangs up! Hooray!

I tried some of the suggestions in related older queries. For example I "updated" the driver from a 2004 to a 2007 version and the entire modem started acting weird; even my caller ID software couldn't accurately display caller ID information. Oops. I reverted to the old driver and got back to where I was prior to putting in the new driver.

ENVIRONMENT: Here is some of the computer setup data. I have a Dell Inspiron operating with XP. I have an internal Conexant D850 56K V9.x DFVc modem. I have one telephone line of input. Here are my settings:

Unchecked -- Enable end of call tone detected in playback

Checked ---- Enable software based end of call tone detection

4500 ms End of call detect delay

350 ms DTMF tone detect delay

I've read a bit of the forum and appreciate the care and time some of you experts have given in helping us newcomers to the program. I've been programming since the 1960's and hope I can eventually use some of that experience to return the favor of your response here.

• 1 month later...
I have two problems that may or may be related so I'm describing them together.

PROBLEMS: Here are the two problems:

1) Failure to detect "brief" DTMF tones:

The program fails at times to detect DTMF tones when the outgoing message is speaking. If the caller is calling from a phone where pressing the button for a longer time (maybe a second) extends the DTMF in time, that solves the problem. From certain brands of cellphones (such as LG) where pressing the button for a longer time does not extend the length of the tone, or from a desktop phone when I briefly "punch" the button, IVM does not pick up the tone when the OGM is speaking.

Can I do anything to help the IVM reliably pick up a DTMF tone at the same time it is talking?

2) Failure to detect end of call.

When the callers hang up during an OGM, IVM fails to detect the hangup. I'm in the USA and don't know of any end of call tones--just silence. The IVM finally hangs up when I abort the IVM program entirely or when the OGM logic brings it to a goodbye.

When the caller is leaving a phone message, IVM detects some seconds of silence and then successfully hangs up! Hooray!

I tried some of the suggestions in related older queries. For example I "updated" the driver from a 2004 to a 2007 version and the entire modem started acting weird; even my caller ID software couldn't accurately display caller ID information. Oops. I reverted to the old driver and got back to where I was prior to putting in the new driver.

ENVIRONMENT: Here is some of the computer setup data. I have a Dell Inspiron operating with XP. I have an internal Conexant D850 56K V9.x DFVc modem. I have one telephone line of input. Here are my settings:

Unchecked -- Enable end of call tone detected in playback

Checked ---- Enable software based end of call tone detection

4500 ms End of call detect delay

350 ms DTMF tone detect delay

I've read a bit of the forum and appreciate the care and time some of you experts have given in helping us newcomers to the program. I've been programming since the 1960's and hope I can eventually use some of that experience to return the favor of your response here.

I am having a similar problem with the end-of-call functionalilty. The problem I face is as follows:

- Caller hangs up

- OGM does Polite Goodbye

- IVM log displays "Call disconnected"

- About 5 seconds later the IVM log indicates an incoming call but there is no actual call happening.

At this point the IVM just loops through this cycle indefinately. Since we have only one line the only way to resolve is to shutdown/restart IVM.

This did not occur when the IVM box was connected to a residential line but we have noticed it since moving the IVM box to an office building. Is there a possibility that the problem is caused by the office phones being digital or by a PBX perhaps??

I've tried adjusting numerous settings in IVM but problem still occurs. Help!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NCHne

What telephony devices are you folks using? Call your phone company and make sure that your analog phone line preforms Loop Current Drop. If you are using CallURL go into DIAG32, select a channel and go to settings/caller hang up settings, and place a check in LC drop detection.