Save rather than burn

madom

Hi

Is it possible to save a edited songlist rather than burn it on CD? I want to use it on my computer, and don't want to burn a cd for every lp I have...

cheers

m.

Indeed it is. You save your .wav or .mp3 files to your hard drive and then you can use Windows Media Player or some other audio application to organize and play the resulting audio files. You can tell Golden Records where to save your files on your hard drive, or you can accept its default location. It is not necessary to save to a CD at all. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Indeed it is. You save your .wav or .mp3 files to your hard drive and then you can use Windows Media Player or some other audio application to organize and play the resulting audio files. You can tell Golden Records where to save your files on your hard drive, or you can accept its default location. It is not necessary to save to a CD at all. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Thanks, but that I knew. I was wondering if I can save the EDITED songs, meaning after I tagged them and adjusted Ins and Outs and so on.

Thanks, but that I knew. I was wondering if I can save the EDITED songs, meaning after I tagged them and adjusted Ins and Outs and so on.

Sorry Madom. I am so much of a newbie myself that I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. Perhaps someone else in this forum can help you. I would have thought that if you could burn it to CD, you could save it to the HD, but I could be mistaken. Sorry that I wasn't able to help you. Have a great day anyways, despite newbies trying to answer your questions.

Regards,

-Phil

Sorry Madom. I am so much of a newbie myself that I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. Perhaps someone else in this forum can help you. I would have thought that if you could burn it to CD, you could save it to the HD, but I could be mistaken. Sorry that I wasn't able to help you. Have a great day anyways, despite newbies trying to answer your questions.

Regards,

-Phil

No problem, i appreciate your help. Thing is, that I'd like to save the edited, tagged songs to HD, and not just the raw recordings. Since the software tries to detect the songs it mistakes sometimes and I need to join or split songs afterwards. And I couldn't find a button "Save" within the app, just "Burn".

No problem, i appreciate your help. Thing is, that I'd like to save the edited, tagged songs to HD, and not just the raw recordings. Since the software tries to detect the songs it mistakes sometimes and I need to join or split songs afterwards. And I couldn't find a button "Save" within the app, just "Burn".

Madom:

The Recording Wizard or the "File, Options" menu permit you to decide whether you want to save or burn. I always select save as .wav and burn later. Golden Records does have the ability to tag files and split files. Personally, I use WavePad to edit music files and reduce pop and hiss. It does a nice job.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

I'm having the same problem as madom. I want to save edited/joined files but there is no "save" option for these items. Your suggestion re: file:options just applies to the original recorded files, not the edited ones.

I burned the CD, but I also want to save them to my hard drive. Any suggestions?

Can the software be tweaked to add a file save option?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem as madom. I want to save edited/joined files but there is no "save" option for these items. Your suggestion re: file:options just applies to the original recorded files, not the edited ones.

I burned the CD, but I also want to save them to my hard drive. Any suggestions?

Can the software be tweaked to add a file save option?

Seems that there is no solution, only a workaround: record all tracks you want, edit them and then burn to a mp3-Cd. And then copy them back to your harddisk. All who wants this feature should address to NCH so that we can expect that in one of the next releases.

(I am a new bee too, but anyway: i have checked out all documentation that is available.....)

Thanks for the suggestion. I am adding it to the list of suggested new features for a future release of GoldenRecords.

Seems that there is no solution, only a workaround: record all tracks you want, edit them and then burn to a mp3-Cd. And then copy them back to your harddisk. All who wants this feature should address to NCH so that we can expect that in one of the next releases.

(I am a new bee too, but anyway: i have checked out all documentation that is available.....)

Thanks for the suggestion. I am adding it to the list of suggested new features for a future release of GoldenRecords.

:rolleyes:

Sorry for the confusion: there is a 3rd recording folder, where all changes after recording will be updated - just go to the view tab and open

"view recording tab" - and there you will find all your changes perfectly applied to the file-type you specified you want to convert to. See

the email-conversation with support below!

profi.jetter

Hi,

1- I just made 3 recordings. I then joined the first two and modified the tags.

2 - I clicked on View > “View Recordings Folder” and the newly joined file was there, with new tag information and all.

Is this what you were referring to?

Can you please tell me how your experience differs?

Regards

Michael G