RELEASE: Express Scribe v 4.30 for Windows

Damian Lettie

Changes in Express Scribe v 4.30 for Windows:

• Fixed: Corrupt status (*.sta) files were being written, causing garbage characters to show in Express Dictate's status view.
  • Fixed: Express Delegate logon email address is no longer case-sensitive.
  • Fixed: "Rename dictation" tool-bar button image was displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed: "Sync" button no longer stays depressed after pressing it when no incoming sources are configured.

Our Express Scribe won't transfer files to the computer. Pop-up message reads "scribe.exe - corrupt file. File or directory\DSS_FLDA\s0000000-DESKTOP.sta is corrupt and unreadable. Please run Chkdsk utility". I have downloaded v 4.30 for Windows but it hasn't fixed the problem. Where do I find Chkdsk utility or is there another way to fix this?

Our Express Scribe won't transfer files to the computer. Pop-up message reads "scribe.exe - corrupt file. File or directory\DSS_FLDA\s0000000-DESKTOP.sta is corrupt and unreadable. Please run Chkdsk utility". I have downloaded v 4.30 for Windows but it hasn't fixed the problem. Where do I find Chkdsk utility or is there another way to fix this?

I think your error message was generated by Windows, not Express Scribe.

Microsoft has a knowledge base article that might help you.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't help. I accessed the site you suggested and followed the directions, but we are still unable to transfer the files. Is there anything else I could try?

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately it didn't help. I accessed the site you suggested and followed the directions, but we are still unable to transfer the files. Is there anything else I could try?

*.sta files only contain status information. You could delete the *.sta files without losing any actual audio recording or transcript data. You'll lose the status of any old dictations, but Express Scribe should just recreate the status files for current dictations.

Check with the Express Dictate user first though, and make back-ups before you delete anything!