Forum Usefullness

javarunner

Please read the following Topic in regards to these forums

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10547

If you wish to speak to technical support then please contact us directly from the forms on the FAQ pages.

this is a good example of a next to useless forum. Everybody has questions, but few get answers.

Is anyone with experience listening?

this is a good example of a next to useless forum. Everybody has questions, but few get answers.

Good afternoon. I don't have a great deal experience with Golden Records software, but I have successfully converted eight LPs to digital format to date. I did have one question that I referred to technical support, and even though I did not purchase any of the tech support packages, I got a very prompt and helpful reply. Forums are only as good as those who participate in them and I suspect, like most forums, this one will take some time to attract one or more experienced members willing to take the time and make the commitment to share their knowledge. Flaming the existence of the forum is not really constructive. NCH should be commended for making the forum available to its customers. It is up to all of us to make it work for our benefit. Let's hope that in time this becomes a vibrant and helpful forum. Just my two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• 2 weeks later...

A large problem is people's experience using a forum. Everybody has questions, but few get answers are mostly due to they do not know how to ask questions. Just look how topics being used when posting questions:

"Need Help"

"golden records"

"Help!!!!!"

"Golden Records Problem"

How useful is that? When trying to get the ear of someone experienced, title your topic towards what your experience is.

People will not click on this to go see if they can help with "help" or solve a problem for "problem" or click on "golden records" (like, i forgot what forum I was in). You might as well type "Guess what I'm asking about" as your topic and be satisfied to linger in hope that the title you used will attract an experienced superhero who likes to click such ambigious statements like "help I'm having a problem'

"Nothing is as simple as we hope it will be."

- Jim Horning