1/2 a DVD

fbell443

I have attempted to burn two separate DVD's. When I play the DVD until half way through and the DVD just stops.

For some reason express burn is only burning the 1/2 half of my video

i too have that same problem. i actually bought the damn software and it worked the first day but after that. i have the same problem only 1/2 the movie

i too have that same problem. i actually bought the damn software and it worked the first day but after that. i have the same problem only 1/2 the movie

i have a similar problem but find it freezes 3/4 the way through anyone with some guidance can you share?!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael

I really like your package and would be inclined to buy it, but.... I have lost three evenings' work probably due to this known issue which I only discovered was a SW problem by reading this forum.

Three questions:

> Is there some way I could verify whether my hardware is one of the configs known to suffer this problem ?

> Assuming it is, would you be so kind as to drop me a line when the fix is available ?

> Is there any way to avoid repeating the transcoding process at every attempt to burn my DVD ?

This step eats up more than an hour every time I try to burn my video onto DVD....

Thanks in advance for your assistance -

Brgds

Amenon

Guest MichaelJee

Hi Amenon,

1 – Read the sticky thread at the top of each forum

We have no obligation to answer each query (especially since yours was asked on Friday here in Australia)

2 – Your issue is solved via ALL of our applications being fully featured and free for 14 days. When one goes to register a license of ours, we ask you agree that you had already tested the application.

3 – Will get back to you about the temp location.

Cheers

M

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

Speaking to the developer, apart from the size of the file left on the machine (it would be cleared at the NEXT attempt to re-encode Id guess) the feature has merit, especially for our my "specy" users.

Thanks

M

• 5 weeks later...

I see there are a few people with the same problem, stops with about 10 minutes left, but I haven't seen any fix any where. Has anyone come up with anything on there own. I have wasted alot of time and DVD's trying to figure it out on my own.

dawn :blink:

I see there are a few people with the same problem, stops with about 10 minutes left, but I haven't seen any fix any where. Has anyone come up with anything on there own. I have wasted alot of time and DVD's trying to figure it out on my own.

dawn :blink:

Yes, I have the same problem, except that it seems only to be burning about 25% of the DVD before hanging up - I am doing a straightforward 'copy DVD' to replicate a home-produced DVD-RW). The program gets as far as the 'writing' element; all the blue rectangles fill; then hangs - has happened three times in a row now. Tried reducing burn speed to 4x, but made no difference. My burner is: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S204S USB device (external)

The most annoying part is that I had purchased the full version of ExpressBurn, which was working basically just fine ... however I experienced a very minor bug when making several copies of a home-made audio CD for my students, reported it using the pop-up window, got a message back saying bug was almost certainly fixed in a later version; downloaded the later version. I was sure I had saved previous vesion in a new folder to avoid overwriting a program that was basically working, but cannot now see where the old version has gone. What makes this particularly annoying is that the new download (which purported to be a 'bugfix') loaded as an unregistered version, so I've had to pay the registration fee for a second time ... and now have software that only produces 25% of a DVD. Hrrumph!

Strange thing is that the 25% recorded DVD plays at all - I thought the burner had to get to the end a 'finalise' before it became recognisable?

Barry

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Amenon,

1 – Read the sticky thread at the top of each forum

We have no obligation to answer each query (especially since yours was asked on Friday here in Australia)

2 – Your issue is solved via ALL of our applications being fully featured and free for 14 days. When one goes to register a license of ours, we ask you agree that you had already tested the application.

3 – Will get back to you about the temp location.

Cheers

M

This answer is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. No obligation to answer any query. Wow. That's customer servicer right there. So the solution is that you use it for free for fourteen days so it doesn't have to work after that? I hope you enjoy the 38 bucks (US) I GAVE you because I won't be buying any more of your software. You people need to have some sort of corporate goal to satisfy the customer!

Hi Guys,

If you have purchased and registered, then please backup your copy before doing the following. (make a copy of the instal file that you used to instal the program)

Please download the latest version from the website, and give it a go.

If you still get the same problem then please let me know and I will get you a diagnostic version to instal and try.

The diagnostic version of Express Burn will write what its doing to a file, so that you can send us the file and the programmers can have a look at it and see where express burn is failing.

Once they can see where its failing, it will be fixed a re-released for you. :)

Hi AN,

Thanks for the positive input. We're talking on another thread because I can't get any DVD to burn.

Your attitude was great (and, by the way, what is this temp location Michael mentions?) Also liked Michael mentioning how to get a refund; but, we're going to try your suggestion on the other thread and others first.

May yet need the diagnostic version of the software for my issue as well, and just wanted to say thanks for being willing to help

Clifton ;)

Guest MichaelJee
This answer is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. No obligation to answer any query. Wow. That's customer servicer right there. So the solution is that you use it for free for fourteen days so it doesn't have to work after that? I hope you enjoy the 38 bucks (US) I GAVE you because I won't be buying any more of your software. You people need to have some sort of corporate goal to satisfy the customer!

Hi,

If your not happy with the application, and would like a refund, I suggest you do what countless others do; create a ticket and ask us.

Thanks

M

Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi AN,

Thanks for the positive input. We're talking on another thread because I can't get any DVD to burn.

Your attitude was great (and, by the way, what is this temp location Michael mentions?) Also liked Michael mentioning how to get a refund; but, we're going to try your suggestion on the other thread and others first.

May yet need the diagnostic version of the software for my issue as well, and just wanted to say thanks for being willing to help

Clifton ;)

Hi Clifton,

No worries. Please send me a PM with your email and I will send you a diagnostic version with information on how to get the traces off you once Burn fails. (click my name then click send message to send me a PM)

The temp location that michael was talking about can be found by clicking file -> options while in express burn.

Thankyou

I've had the same problem - will not burn but does create the iso file.

Also, I've had problems with burning any kind of Video Disk.

On one of the forum questions, NCH folks suggested that I use different media (i.e. a different DVD). Well, that did not work either.

The bottom line is Express Burn apparently does not work well when burning Video DVDs. There are some huge problems. (I even got hooked up a new DVD/VCR combo out and it did not make a difference.)

All of the disks failed.

I downloaded Nero Trial and it worked the first time on BOTH a Video CD (played just fine in my newer DVD player); and, a DVD (that played in both DVD players.) Right now there is a special that makes Nero affordable and there is a free piece of software with it.

Some of the NCH programs work OK to well. Express Burn does not!

Clifton

PS - Preparing to try AN's diagnostic program later on; but, am disappointed in Express Burn thus far.

I've had the same problem - will not burn but does create the iso file.

Also, I've had problems with burning any kind of Video Disk.

On one of the forum questions, NCH folks suggested that I use different media (i.e. a different DVD). Well, that did not work either.

The bottom line is Express Burn apparently does not work well when burning Video DVDs. There are some huge problems. (I even got hooked up a new DVD/VCR combo out and it did not make a difference.)

All of the disks failed.

I downloaded Nero Trial and it worked the first time on BOTH a Video CD (played just fine in my newer DVD player); and, a DVD (that played in both DVD players.) Right now there is a special that makes Nero affordable and there is a free piece of software with it.

Some of the NCH programs work OK to well. Express Burn does not!

Clifton

PS - Preparing to try AN's diagnostic program later on; but, am disappointed in Express Burn thus far.

Will be PM you re diagnostic version and thanks for the temp location!!!

Clifton

Hi Clifton,

No worries. Please send me a PM with your email and I will send you a diagnostic version with information on how to get the traces off you once Burn fails. (click my name then click send message to send me a PM)

The temp location that michael was talking about can be found by clicking file -> options while in express burn.

Thankyou

Guest N.C.H a.n
I have attempted to burn two separate DVD's. When I play the DVD until half way through and the DVD just stops.

For some reason express burn is only burning the 1/2 half of my video

Hi guys,

If express burn only appears to burn half your video, please try re-burning with the ffmpeg option ticked.

Click File -> Options then tick the option down the bottom to use FFMPeg first.

It should fix this issue.

Thankyou

Hi guys,

If express burn only appears to burn half your video, please try re-burning with the ffmpeg option ticked.

Thankyou

Tried that on 2 different computers... didn't work! did try something else that appears to help, removed chapters. the chapters never went where they were supposed to so I burned without and it seems ok so far. not impressed with the problems with this software! wish I had have seen this forum before purchasing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Tried that on 2 different computers... didn't work! did try something else that appears to help, removed chapters. the chapters never went where they were supposed to so I burned without and it seems ok so far. not impressed with the problems with this software! wish I had have seen this forum before purchasing!!!

Hi,

Yes you are right. This bug was reported this morning so it should be fixed in the next release.

This would have been why ffmpeg didn't make any difference either.

Thankyou

Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi guys,

Thankyou

Hi,

The problem with the chapters has been fixed.

There should be a new version 4.25 uploaded to the website as of now.

Thankyou

Guest N.C.H a.n

Lemala, please send me a Personal Message with your email address and I'll sort you out with a license for the new version. :)