Mac OS Big Sur

Grayglove

• Guest changed the title to Mac OS Big Sur
  • 1 month later...

The Soundtap my company purchased for use on an Apple computer will not load. 

Apple OS generates an error message when attempting to load the purchased software.

I WILL NOT recommend Soundtap for persons I know with Apple Computers.

Soundtap Streaming Recorder does work great with Windows.  I purchased Soundtap for two of the Windows computers in my Company  

Network location.

Thank you,

Mario J. Munoz

Audio Editor

Rio Grande Guardian International News Service.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2020 at 9:33 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

By the time Big Sur is released in the fall, we should have a compatible version of SoundTap. We can't say whether the current version will work or whether we'll have to do a new release.

Big Sur has now been released and Sound Tap no longer works for me. I get the error message SoundTap could not connect to the virtual audio device. Please restart SoundTap to try again.  I am running ver 6.21

For the moment NCH working to get the Program running with this OS. You can stay updated on our releases by subscribing to our newsletter at https://www.nchsoftware.com/software/newsletter.html or by following @nchsoftware on Twitter. 

Please provide the detail about the situation here, to escalate it: https://www.nch.com.au/software/bug.html 

If you want to revert to Catalina after upgrading to Big Sur, it can be done if they use Time Machine to back their Mac up: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

On 8/28/2020 at 9:33 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

By the time Big Sur is released in the fall, we should have a compatible version of SoundTap. We can't say whether the current version will work or whether we'll have to do a new release.

So you knew about this in August and here we are entering December and those of us using Mac and the latest OS can't use the product - any update on a fix - it's been incredibly quiet and you keep emailing me to spend MORE money on buying what will be an incompatible version of this product?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, malcolmwh said:

Seems best not to update to Big Sur for a while then.

Well its time the developers sorted this out, they must have known it wouldn't work with Big Sur long before it was released to the public. I was getting pop ups for months warning of this every time I opened the app. I asked them if they were working on it but got no reply.