Copy scale and position effect to another picture

Uberprutser

Overlay your new photo.  Now open its EFFECTS box and scroll down to the new item that you saved, as instructed above.

Apply it to the new photo.  The effects that you saved will be applied to the new photo overlay.

"And what with that disk? Only save? how do you load things?   Not following you here;  explain more fully.

I got it figured out. Saved the "effects chain" to temp. And finally found it at the bottom, after clicking the + button.

Like I said non intuitive, but I got what I wanted. It sure beats having to change them all individually. Videopad get so freaking slow when applying certain effects

(Especially something simple like scaling and positioning an image)

Good deal.  Clicking SAVE (as effect template) writes the item to the effects box.  There's no need for 'temp.'  Yes, the big green + sign opens the effects choices.

Here, VP effects application is quick.  Play the real-time demo below.  Video editing is resource intensive, so how it performs is affected by hardware.

Under OPTIONS | EDITING tab, toggle the "use hardware acceleration' item and see if that improves response.

For the CROP effect there are handles at the corners and sides of a box.

For SCALE there are three handles:  height, width, and height and width where <shift> can be held down to scale freeform.  Very versatile and responsive.

For MOTION, there's a scale and a rotation handle and the box itself can be dragged.   Or just use the sliders in the EFFECTS box if that's more convenient.