Audio mixed up from saved project

kickingmyself

Hi, 

Wondering if anyone can help.

I've reopened a project and the video is all in the correct order and loaded ok.  However, the audio (even that of each clip) is either in the wrong order or doesn't even exist.

If i can't fix it i'll need to start the project again. :(

I'm using the free version as it's just editing family videos.

Best, 

S

Which free version?  Look at the start-up screen or at the left-bottom of the VP window.  Your project is intact, as long as you have saved it.

Save Project File AS routinely, and give it a unique # or name.  That will avoid overwriting prior saves.  Double-click the VPJ file (not playable) to restore the project to the time when the file was saved.

Download and install this release. Ignore any virus warnings.  Did that fix it?

Hi,

I'm using v8.56 currently.  I've been opening from the vpj file.  The audio is completely mixed up or damaged, but not on the source material.

I'll try the version you're suggesting.

It's just re-indexing, but looks like that release has fixed it.  Thank you so much, saved me a lot of time and work!

Best,

S

I've dealt with that issue a bit myself. Same version.

Delete the cached files and that should fix it for a while. But it will come back!

But it takes a long time to generate new temporary files. It kinda bothers me how videopad handles things. Constant reprocessing and strange CPU usage!!