Need to delete parts of video clips without deleting the audio

JumperJones

Hi- Need to delete parts of video clips without deleting the audio. Actually I need the audio to keep playing so I can delete parts of the video so it is in time with the audio. But whenever I delete a part of the video clip it deletes the audio too (I am doing this on the timeline). If I just edit the video in the clip preview section, I cant hear the audio to time it well (meaning I cant accurately set the start and end brackets for deleting). The audio track is fine. It doesnt need any adjusting- just the video clip. It seems like such a basic thing...can anyone help?

Hi

• Un-link the audio (if it is linked.)
  • Split the Video track in question at the start of the unwanted section by using one of the options of the down arrow menu associated with the scissors tab under the Sequence preview window
  • You can now place the red cursor line on the split and step forwards (or  backwards) using the I<  or >I buttons under the preview window. (Frame at a time)
  • When you have the cursor line in the correct position, (at the end of the unwanted section,) Split the track again
  • Zoom in (or swap to Storyboard mode) and delete the section isolated between the splits
  • Keep zoomed in and then drag the RH clip with the Ctrl key pressed to re-position it

Nat