Convert video to jpg using video pad

annag

Convert video to jpg using Videopad - I want to extract a Jpg every 5 seconds from a video of 10 minutes long  - can i do this automatically or do i have to do single snapshot at at time. 

Thanks 

Hi annag

This is an interesting problem and I have been looking for a workaround...Here it is......

Your 10 minute clip at 30fps will contain 600 x 30 = 18000 frames You require that this is converted into 1 frame every 5 seconds. That makes an output clip of 120 frames. At 30 fps this represents a clip of 120/30  = 4 seconds duration. (To put it simply your 10 minute clip  will need to squashed to 4 seconds which represents your 120 frames every 5 seconds.) :o

Now...

• Place your 10 minute clip of 18000 frames on the timeline and change the speed  to 5000. This should produce a 12 second clip of 360 frames (at 30 fps) .
  • Now save the timeline as  a sequence  and then load it back (Should remain 12 seconds duration)
  • Change this new clip speed to 300. This produces a timeline clip of 4 seconds. (On paper 120 frames)
  • To check, step along this clip  frame by frame and it should reach the end in 120 frames. You have now got your 120 individual frames (1 every 5 seconds) out of the original clip.

According to C-major exporting this as an image sequence should give a frame-frame -frame images.  i.e. VP ought to export 120 frames which is what you want..

However... This doesn't seem to happen..:huh::angry::(   you get hundreds of images probably because VP still looks at it as an original sequence and not a completely new clip.

The solution is to export your new 4 second clip (sequence) as an mpg at contant 30fps first

Now load your exported 4 second clip  back into VP and re-export it as an image sequence.You should now have 120 images in your destination folder which is what you were after..

Nat