Exporting queries

Sharktooth

Hi

No.

The program will offer to save any changes made and will prompt by telling you that there are exports in progress and do you want to wait. Prompting Yes will keep VP open. Prompting No will stop exports and close VP.

You can however,  minimise all the windows and run a different program during the export. The Export queue progress bar in the GUI window will stay active even if the export queue window is closed.

Nat

In answer to AlanShepp-Zim's query...

No, speeds are the same for the UN and licensed versions.

How long is the project?  What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  What's the export resolution and file type?  How long is it taking?

What version of VP is being used?  Install the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Someone will be glad to check out your project if you take a few minutes to share it.  It's easy - just follow the PORTABLE project steps outlined here.  Don't submit the exported project.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  On the server, don't forget to copy a shared (public) link to paste into your post or PM.

Thanks for the feedback. 

The project was 1.8GB (res 4k) and the I was exporting it to a 720Hd - it took 3 hours. I am using the latest version of the program. 

The reason I asked is I have an i7, 32Gb Ram 1660ti Graphics card, SSD drive so from hardware it is ok, but looking at the source files they are in 4k so the time is understandable. 

I won't upload the project as I will continue on the basis that I need to allocate time for the export if using 4k.

Thanks you again for the feedback.

Alan.