Video Audio SYNC

Barry Lacey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 10:42 PM, Barry Lacey said:

Noticed that after conversion the video and audio lost SYNC. I will have to now edit the time lines???

I have similar problem: after ripping (conversion) DVD VIDEO_TS  folder to MP4 file - audio (voice) is delayed for 4-5 sec.

I tried various values of Video Quality/Bitrate and Audio Quality/Bitrate (last option was Video Quality/Bitrate 2000 kbps, Audio Quality/Bitrate 128 kbps) and still there was 3-5 sec audio delay. What is the solution? 

The option available would be to check the ¨File Options¨ then check the Video and Audio Compressor, you need to adjust this manually, also verify changing the format select to convert the files.  If you still getting issues would be better to send the information  to Technical Support: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=Prism

• 2 years later...

Conversions have the same problem. Takes ages to convert and almost at the end, lip sync is out! VOB to MP4, allowing Folder Option to select defaults. 
I contacted support.
Switched off in disgust, this morning one conversion worked well. Second back to old tricks!!!!

1 hour ago, Sandy Austin said:

Conversions have the same problem. Takes ages to convert and almost at the end, lip sync is out! VOB to MP4, allowing Folder Option to select defaults. 
I contacted support.
Switched off in disgust, this morning one conversion worked well. Second back to old tricks!!!!

Plan B
Tech suggested saving in a different format. First have to find out what my TV supports. AVI?? Definitely, Sony Bravia TV is capable of playing AVI video files, but only for those that are encoded in the H. 264 or MPEG4 video format. If your AVI file is not saved in the H. 264 or MPEG4 format, you cannot play AVI file on Sony TV. 
It's converting now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 11:57 AM, Sandy Austin said:

I contacted support.

Sorry Prism. I tried, not tech-savvy to tweak settings. 
Changed to Handbrake. It's free and it works. No more lip sync problems. 
And after a day of conversations -- no problems.