How do we drop in an image

philip201129

I want to drop and image from the top to the middle with a fast speed. However I can't see any motion for IMAGE effect. Basically there is no IMAGE effect at all. There is only VIDEO effect. What should I do guys to make image drop in from top to bottom, or top to middle, or left to right, or right to left?

3 hours ago, borate said:

Effects apply to images as well as videos.  No difference.

Check out the preset options for the POSITION effect, or animate your own trajectory.

What I am trying to do is to have a picture drop in very fast, like in TV they slide picture in from all directions and stay in a position they want. So the slide down is the solution?

Animate it...

In the preview screen, use the POSITION effect to drag the overlay image off-screen to the starting location.  Set a keyframe by clicking the small green + sign.

Then move the scrubber (red line) in the effects window to the position where the action is to end.  Set another keyframe.

The graph would look like this for a one second clip if the image drops from the top to the middle of the frame within a half-second, then holds still for remaining half.test.jpg

In this example the overlay image has been scaled down to .30. But that may not be necessary in your case.

For animation instructions see http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html