Pan & Zoom no longer working???

KerryB

By default VP (version 7.12) makes a JPG image 3 seconds. I was using the Pan & Zoom effect on still images to start with the full image and panning and zooming to a party of the image - looked great BUT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK anymore. When trying the Pan & Zoom effect the image goes to the chess board background, the CPU usage on my computer goes instantly to almost 100% and nothing happens. the image it is a black screen of chess board screen??

When I play When I try and close the program I get a window that says "Stopping Queue Process Threads" which will not close by itself??

Anyone have any ideas

Hi Borate, i was using 7.11 when problem started occuring - i went to 7.12 to try and fix the problem. However I will try what you suggest - how do i download 7.11 as a licensed copy?

Tests okay in 7.11 here.  Download from the link above, then click FILE|REGISTER SOFTWARE and input your code.

Be aware that upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, your purchase will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the latest.  Always retain the installer file, though it's automatically backed up on the PC.

Hi borate,

No link?

Also is the licence code the seven number code provided with the reciept?

Hi KerryB

Pan and Zoom work OK in the Beta version of 7.12    Best to remember that this is still being checked out and is pre-release. If you do find any problems with VP  7.11 mention them and NCH can check them out and make sure the Beta version has been corrected.

Nat

Hi Nat,

Reverted back to 7.11 as Borat suggested but Pan & Zoom still doesnt work. Am going to do a simple one photo project and upload to drive so you guys can check it out. 

Thanks

Kerry

Dont think the Zoom effect works either?

Hi

Currently in 7.12 P&Z  effect fails (on export) with images although preview works.

P&Z works with clips however both in preview and export.

If you find Pan and Zoom effect is not working in 7.11 just use the Zoom effect with keyframes

In brief...

• Click FX and and select Zoom from the effects list.
  • Place effects red cursor line to the left of the graph(start of clip (or where zoom is to start) and adjust the Zoom rectangle to your starting outline
  • Click the keyframe button (small plus with red line)
  • Move cursor line to new point in the clip (end point of zoom/pan)
  • Adjust the zoom rectangle to the finish zoom area and move rectangle to final panned position
  • Create a second keyframe

This will produce a zoom with a pan. (or Zoom with Pan)  (This is  not detailed but refer back to the forum if you find it might be useful.)

Hi Nat,

Loving this forum. Will try as you suggested later today. 

Just one question - I'm new to videpad so still getting used to the jargon, above you said "P&Z works with If clips however both in preview and export" . What are "If clips" 

thanks

kerry

Testing the 7.11 free (lite) version here, pan and zoom is exporting both still images ... and video clips correctly, which is what Nat was referring to...

However, at last test, 7.12 beta was not exporting pan and zoom stills.

Hi Borate,

I have a licensed version of 7.11 and Pan & Zoom doesnt work. Maybe a setting on my Laptop I shoud check? 

Kerry 

Hi Borate/Nat,

Got an email from Emmanual (outside of this forum) on how to remove all Videopad Files and folders and how to re-install to see if this would fix the problem. Results as per below. Can one of you guys look at the files and give me a suggestion how to fix.

Cheers

Kerry

"Followed your instructions and have a small improvement in that the exported file now shows the "Pan and Zoom" effect BUT the Project file still does not play the Sequence or the Clip.

The exported file is here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sc1bEzg8Dxi5L7p4_hlHftx8ZX8NzVNA

The Project file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15wC4qfTBLh6sVqE4ipjkVxFJcm9-omga

Any ideas?

Cheers

Kerry"

The project file - a VPJ - is not playable.  It tells the program what to do.

If you've loaded the project to the timeline, it can be saved as as PORTABLE project via the File menu, per the "Tips" link above, which will contain all project files.

Upload the result to a server, share it, and post the shared link here.  The project file that you linked contained only the vpj file.  Img 3534.jpg is required as well.

As a test, using your vpj, another still was substituted for the missing file and exported with 7.11.  Worked fine.

Using version 7.11, your project would not run on a low-end PC.  That's a huge 5184 x 3456 file.

It did perform on a high-end machine using the 'auto-match' setting.  That exported at VP's maximum resolution of 4093 x 2304, which converted the 4:3 image to 16:9.

Suggest that you half the resolution of these files.  The low-end machine handled 2592 x 1728 well.  That resolution retains the 4:3 aspect ratio.

To have the project load the smaller file, rename the original and then load the project.  When VP can't find the file and asks to resolve, point it to the new file.  Then SAVE PROJECT, which will overwrite the vpj control file.  Or SAVE AS, with a unique new name or #.

Hi Kerry

"... Just one question - I'm new to videpad so still getting used to the jargon, above you said "P&Z works with If clips however both in preview and export" . What are "If clips"  ...

:)   Sorry it was editing error.:huh: .....I think I corrected it later....It should have read .....P&Z works with clips however, both in preview and Export....

Sorry if it was misleading......(I've never heard of "If Clips" either! :D)

Nat

Hi Borate,

Read your post about image size so will downsize my images and give it a go. My laptop has 8GB of RAM will upgrading to 16GB help ((i.e. can Videopad 7.11 make good use of the extra RAM?)

Thanks

Kerry

I have read the 32bit applications can only use 4GB RAM so probably not worth upgrading RAM above current 8GB