Videopad corrupts audio

daorus

https://yadi.sk/d/FHYj6XYqJFoh7Q

Here is a link to hosting 2 mp3 files (this hosting is similar to Google Drive or Dropbox, but russian equivalent).

subbass+1 original.mp3
subbass+1 corrupted by Videopad.mp3

Problem is that when I add audio file to Videopad it adds some whistle nose at high frequency.

This noise I hear in Videopad and in exported file.

What might be the problem?

My verision of Videpad is 4.11 and I love using it!

PS. This problem with noise adding is only about this audio file. With other audiofiles there are no problems at all. Just with this file.

3 minutes ago, borate said:

Perhaps the noise is at too high a frequency for my ears, but comparing both visual wave forms and audio reveals no discernible difference between the two files.

There is diffrence and I can tell you even more:

To produce this melody were used 2 instruments: 1) piano, 2) subbass. First you hear piano and then you hear subbass. And there are 3 parts of mucial material.

The noise is produced only when subbass played. When piano starts = no noise. When subbass stops playing noise removes. The problem is in subbass.

Bad news for me!! ☹️☃️☂️

I've downloaded trial verison of Videopad version 5.20 and there is no audio corruption for this audio file... that means, that problem is only about my old version 4.11, but for developer there is no need to fix it because there is a much newer version available and it works without audio corruption. So, I think it is just my unluck and I just have to live with that.

Version 5.20 is super cool, but I can not afford to buy 5.20 at $34.99, because I use it not for proffesion, but for hobby and now I will downgrade to my version 4.11 with my official serial key. I love it, I can use it automatically and I just try not to use soundtrack with subbass instruments on it.

Listened again but still don't hear a difference.  There are variances between the waveforms, the most notable being slightly less gain for the VP version.  But you have pinned it down to your satisfaction, and that's what counts. 

The current VP incarnation is 6.30, which can be used without registration/licensing.  Most features will continue to function after a trial period.

10 hours ago, borate said:

Listened again but still don't hear a difference. 

After your comment I thought may be the problem is in my headphones and soundcard, which are fine, but quite cheap. Headphones Philips SHP1900 and sound card Creative Sound Blaster Live PCI SB0220 and both of them I use under Windows XP. But I transfered these 2 mp3 files to my android phone and used small headphones, which were coming with phone, when I bought it. And still there is a an audio diffrence: small whistle noise on file after Videopad.

The current VP incarnation is 6.30, which can be used without registration/licensing.  Most features will continue to function after a trial period.

Strange news. I thought there is restriction for 2 audio tracks and you can not export 720p at H264 in trial version.

Anyway, the #1 reason I started to use Videopad at 2014 was that it has "white" (or light) interface as every other software at Windows XP. But when I look at screenshots of current version Videopad turned to black (dark) interface in order to look like other NLE. For my eyes white font on black surface is painfull and I can not use it for long time.

Check this out.  Haven't used an unlicensed copy in some time so can't say whether these restrictions apply to that version during the trial period.

To analyze your "whistle" headphones would have been ideal.  Unfortunately that option is hard to employ here just now as the sound chip on the motherboard went south a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 3:34 PM, c_major said:

@daorus

There is a way you can get free upgrade:

Try the latest version. If there is a bug and you reported it to us, we'll send you a free key when it's fixed.

Wow! Really! 3 minutes ago I recieved a notification email, that you have Videopad 6.31 released. I'm gonna try this version and check if there are any bugs. Anyway, I'm just a hobbist user, who is a huge fan of Videopad, so I will test new versions in future. Thank you, and congrats with new release 6.31. It is so great that Videopad is still alive and constantly grow with new versions!!