crossfading between video from two simultaneous recordings of the same event

Eskil

Newbie question:

I have two recordings of the same performance, I've loaded them both as overlay, and aligned by using audio.
Now - Both audio tracks play simultaneously, and actually sound best with full volume on both.

But how do I insert video fade-in (or whatever) points, to change back and forth between the two video sources?

Please tell me, that I don't need to make several small clips in one line in the sequence line?? (and fight lip sync every time)

How do I keep both audio tracks playing while changing between active video stream?

Picture: (can't seem to get the "insert image from URL" to work)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gbxb0unbmszkvb/videopad.JPG?dl=0
Best regards, Eskil

Once the tracks are lined up, lock audio by clicking the 'lock' at the left of each track.  It won't be disturbed.

A simple method for cuts-only transitions...

Higher numbered video tracks (overlays) override lower numbered tracks, so simply split out and delete track 2 segments where track one will be visible.

Said another way, leave gaps in track 2.  Track one will appear where there's a gap in track 2.

Hi eskil

Inserting an image into a forum post.

Do a screensave or have a suitable image available to demonstrate your point. (e.g. a jpeg)
    Goto  

https://pictr.com/

and click "Start Uploading" This will open a File upload window.
    In the File Upload window navigate to your image
    Select the image and click Open.
    Click the green Upload button. Your image will be uploaded to Pictr.com
    When upload is complete scroll down and click Embed codes
    Copy the Image URL. (It also has a Copy option if you hover over the text so click the word Copy that appears )
    Return to the forum and in your post place the cursor where you wish your image to insert.
    Now click Insert other media at the bottom of the post.
    Select Insert image from URL. This opens up a window above your post.
    Paste your Image URL that you copied from Pictr.com followed by Insert into post...
    The image will appear in your post at the position of the cursor.
    Left clicking on the image will allow it to be suitably sized in the body of your post.

Nat

Hi eskil

If you don't want to cut out any of the tracks, you will still need to split the overlay track where you want sections to appear and disappear.(Right click the overlay track and select split selected track)

For the sections of the overlay you don't want to be seen click the FX and set the Transparency effect to 0% opaque. Do this for all the sections you don't want before dealing with the bits you do want..

For the sections now that you want , you can dissolve  in and out by using the crossfade effect. This will work for both ends of the visible bits as the fade will be out of or into the transparent sections. The video will now play both tracks dissolving from Track 1 to Track 2 and vice versa as required.

Nat