Extend time of one frame or tiny video clip

HunterEdits

I have been trying to do this for a couple of projects and it never works.

The idea is to take one frame, drag it out (for instance make one frame last 4 seconds) and then make it a title, monochrome or whatever. The idea is there is no motion, it lasts as long as I want, and I can apply effects, and then everything snaps into motion since the title includes in the background the first frame.

What happens when I try to do this in Videopad is I just get a clip that duplicates the first 4 seconds of the video. It has sound, hundreds of frames - I might as well have gone to the 4 second mark, split and copied that instead of what I was trying to do. Just now I tried stretching out the smallest piece Videopad will work with, .001s, and it just gave me 4 seconds of something else when I tried to stretch it.

So, why does this happen and how can I do what I want to do?

Thanks

Hi

Should be relatively easy to implement and taking a snapshot as JimmyRustle suggests is the way to go.

• Step through your sequence to a suitable frame
  • Click the Snapshot button. (If you can't find this, refer to the item above) The image will appear in the image clip bin
  • If you haven't moved the cursor line,  insert the image at the cursor position.
  • Adjust the duration of the image manually by dragging the ends of the clip out or in. Note: the default value for the still image clip is set under Tools/Options/Media/Default Still image Duration. (The duration can also be adjusted individually in Storyboard mode.)

As an individual clip you can add effects or position titles./text etc.on the track above.

Nat

Hi, guys. My initial test is promising. I will probably be able to use this at least for the project in front of me; it's lower resolution.

Now if it really works, it will work on my other long deferred project, in part because, again, I made these titles by hand with an external program, they looked great, but as soon as I imported them and rendered with videopad I got some degradation and blurriness. Cross my fingers on that one.

Thanks for this tip! :)