Zoom in and out of StoryBoard

BrianGGG

HI.  Is there no way to zoom in and out of the storyboard?  It seems that I can only view 7 clips at a time regardless of what I do.  

And, also frustrating is the fact that the sequence doesn't move to the end when I drag a sequence to the end.

Is there anything that I am missing with sequence functionality?

thanks

BrianGGG

The storyboard can be scrolled, with the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window, but that's about it.

It's not clear what you mean by "drag sequence to the end."  If you want the entire sequence to move right, select all clips with <ctrl-A> then right-click and group the clips.

Hold down the  <alt> while dragging to prevent them from snapping back to their original postion.

Hi

" It seems that I can only view 7 clips at a time regardless of what I do.   "

Lucky.....I only see 4! ?     It's a function of your screen resolution.

" And, also frustrating is the fact that the sequence doesn't move to the end when I drag a sequence to the end. "

Dragging a clip from the clip bin to the timeline in storyboard mode won't scroll it along to the end. You must right click the clip and choose the Place on sequence at end  option. Note that if you add a clip to the end of the sequence and you are displaying the start of the timeline then VP does not scroll along In Storyboard mode to the newly added clip. However if you are in Sequence Preview display you can click the Go to end (END) button on the play controls block. >l   This will move the cursor to the end of the storyboard thumbnails.

Nat

• 2 years later...

Hi

"....Hello. Why is there no apparent way to zoom in on the storyboard and see the different clips? If there is, what is it? ..."

That's the way it seems to be. you will have to ask the developers but it's probably a programming difficulty. The Thumbnail clips are all the same size (like slides ) irrespective of their duration and there is no zoom as in Timeline mode.

Other points....

In VP version 8.91

Switching into Storyboard mode initially shows just blank black thumbnails but clicking the first thumbnail area and selecting Show Original Clip will bring up all the thumbnails correctly, but sometimes only the screenwidth of thumbnails. Further along they will remain black and the procedure has to be repeated. Once made visible in this way however, they seem to remain visible. This is a bug IMHO. as earlier version worked normally in this respect.

Only the clips/images/Text on Video Track 1  are shown the Storyboard mode, upper tracks and text on those tracks are not shown.

Although the duration of images can be changed in Storyboard mode by right clicking and selecting Change Duration, the duration of Text images cannot be altered as there is no option to do this with a right click.

Use the Mouse scroll wheel (if you have one) to move along the Storyboard track or use the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen

Dragging the horizontal white bar above the track down will increase the number of slides slightly but increasing screen resolution will allow you to see more slides but overall everything becomes smaller.

The navigation buttons under the Sequence preview screen can also be used to move along the Storyboard track

Nat