Problem with lip sync

Geoffemm

Using VP, I have captured several VHS recordings, only to discover, when wearing headphones, that they’re in mono.  I imagine this is because it’s the way the audio is output from the tap and that there’s no option in VP for creating stereo. Consequently, after creating an .mp4 file in VP of the VHS video and then closing the program, I’ve opened the file in WavePad. WP recognises it contains video and gives the option of either opening the file in VP, or continuing in WP, which I do. Having converted the now wave file to stereo, I save it as a .wav file. Going back to VP I open the original mp4 file, delete the soundtrack, import the .wav file and drag it to the audio tack on the time lineline. This usually works well, but on a recent project it developed an ever so slight problem with lip sync - just enough to make it annoying. So, my question is, as both film and soundtrack are hard against the timline inception point, is there a way in VP to fine tune?   

If video leads audio, drag the video track to the right, to make it start later.  If audio leads, drag that track.  Expand the time line, if need be, so small adjustments can be made.

If the clip snaps back to its initial position, hold down the <alt> key while dragging.

Hi

Even though both audio and video tracks are at the "start" of the track you can still drag the unlinked audio to the left (before the "start"). This action will push in effect the video track to the right. Note that snapback occurs if you displace the video track by dragging it to an audio peak but does not happen if you drag the audio track to the visual clue. If you can place the red cursor line exactly at the visual clue you can (or should) be able to easily drag your selected audio point to the cursor without difficulty.

Nat