The VP loading of previous project..not wanted..

Nationalsolo

Hi NCH

I find it quite annoying and frustrating that VP loads the previous project automatically when it is opened. Is there a setting to stop this happening??

If you just want to load a couple of clips to check on something or to revue the latest output from your camera, you have to wait until this process finishes. I may have several projects on the go and may not want to work on the last one I had open but currently I still have to wait while it loads!

The VP version splash screen which comes up for  several seconds at the start covers the loading project screen so you can't get at it and then behind this,  in my version at least (VP 6.01) the VP Welcome screen appears with choices and a list of previous projects as it always used to. Nevertheless the previous project continues to load in the background even though in previous versions I could easily select it from the Welcome Screen if required as it was at the top of the list.

9f16858cbe0ccbb11c1e5c08932a2ce6.jpg

As shown above  VP can still be loading the previous project which is not wanted. This can take some time if it was a large project and the cache had been emptied since VP has to load it all in again.

Once the Splash screen has vanished, clicking "New Project" from the Welcome window can lead to a hang up of the program as behind this VP is still loading  but if a hangup doesn't happen  the "Restarting Threads" window appears followed by "Stopping queue Process Threads" window.

fc6b7b4b4a89042e0708d900e76da1b7.jpg

This is all unneccessary.

Previous versions just loaded VP as an empty GUI and then put up the Welcome screen with the Load Project options. Logical and intuitive. Can we go back to this?

Anybody else find this a bit annoying?

Nat

Nat,

In the registry editor, drill down to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCH Software\VideoPad\Software

On the right pane, right-click on Svar, then click on Modify

In the long string you will see VIDEOPADOpenRecenton

Change just the ending letters "on" to "off"

Hi Borate

Many thanks! That works!  I very much appreciate that post!  VP now opens just as it used to in earlier versions.:)  I guessed it would be a Registry entry somewhere but wasn't sure where it would be. I really don't know how you found it. I already went through everything that looked relevant but the string in question was  longer than the containing pane and that section wasn't visible. Thanks again!

Nat