Error Stabilising Video file

neilrbowers

Hi, I was trying to Stabilize a video file when my laptop crashed. Now when I try to Stabilize any file I get an error message saying the video file does not have enough frames, when this is not the case. I have tried removing and re-installing with no difference.

Hi

It rather sounds as if the video file itself has become corrupted. I can provoke this message if I try to stabilize a file I have loaded that I have deliberately shortened to only a few frames although I don't know what this lower limit is. However I tested a 10 frame MPG4 which failed with the message but a 15 frame example did stabilized OK.

I know in your post you have said "any" file but have you tried with a something not in your project, or tried stabilising an image? (And yes, you can do this.)

Nat

Hi Nat,

thanks for your prompt response. I have tried files not in any project and get the same error. I tried to Stabilize an image but regardless of your comment it would not let me select Stabilize. Anyway it would not resolve my issue. The problem occurs on files I know to be ok and can stabilize using other software.

Best wishes,

Neil

Hi

"I tried to Stabilize an image but regardless of your comment it would not let me select Stabilize."

Oh Dear! I said.."....or tried stabilising an image? (And yes, you can do this.)"

OOPS! NO you can't do this! :huh: You're correct the option doesn't appear...obviously it's already a still!

Sorry about that. I forgot I had actually used an image placed on the timeline to export as several clips with a different number of frames just to see at what point the message came up. Of course once exported they become clips in their own right....Doh!........... but they did stabilize when re-imported..when above 15 frames. ....(They became VERY still! :rolleyes: )

Nevertheless stabilize works for me very well with version 4.48 so I can't say why yours is not.

Sorry if I was misleading.

Nat

• 3 years later...

Hi... I have just deleted a previous version of Video Pad.

It had always previously stabilised videos for me but recently decided to report that "video files

did not have enough frames".... I too tried earlier files in 1080p and also some 4k files... but still the same report.

Thinking that the programme must have an error, I uninstalled it and purchased "Masters edition"

Guess what.... Same error report comes up with this new version

Come on NCH - what is going on?

I need my videos to be stabilised... a brand new product should not give this report

Regards

Anthony McCluskey

What version are you using?  Agreed, this shouldn't be happening, and it isn't here.

Upload and share a file or two that's giving you problems and someone here will check it out.

How to include a link to a file in your forum post:

Upload the file to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. Copy (share) the URL and paste it into your post here.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your files.  Imported both to the video bin, right-clicked and STABILIZED.  No issue with either.  Both looked good.

Suggest you update to this version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.

After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having exactly the same problem.  

My problem video:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_nPT9gHJ0YeHCwrc3NgwDtdc0SyGQq_4/view?usp=sharing

That is a 5 minute video, but shorter files give the same error message.  I am running version 8.56.  I have never been able to get this feature to work. 

I am running a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop with Windows 10 Home.  Processor Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz.  Installed RAM 16.0GB.  .

My disk has 462 GB capacity and 32GB free

Right-clicked the file in the bin and stabilized the video at default settings with the H264 encoder using release 8.20.  Took about ten minutes.

Then ran a second pass in version 8.45 with MPEG4.  Both succeeded without errors.

Suggest installing this version for the time being.  If it fails, please report back.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.