How do I get cache to save to speed up re-open of project?

Bluewkd72

Ok, after upgrading to 3.02 (NIGHTMARE!) and then downgrading again it seems when I open a project it is taking ages (approx 25mins) It never used to be this slow before and I don't know what I have changed. It appears to be recreating the cache each time and not saving and I'm sure it used to be before (I have checked settings and I DO NOT have the boxed ticked to delete on exit so it can't be that). Cache is stored in a temp folder though, do I need to change where it is stored for it to save?

Sorry if this is a really novice question but would really appreciate the help from any expert out there please. This is making working with the software really difficult and I have paid for it now so I'm stuck with it. I've tried other software but they seem to throw the audio sync out on MKV files so really want to make this work.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Angie

Hi

In the VP "Options" section you can set the location for the Cache file. Note where you have it at present in case you want to move it back, then set it go on the desktop. Depending on how your computer is set up however, the VP cache file may be "Hidden" so if you can't see it on the desktop when you have made this change. If this is the case then you will have to alter the properties of files and folders to show "Hidden" files.

Once you see it, you can open it and confirm that you have indeed got data in there.

(If you don't like this idea of having all "Hidden" files visible then click the cache folder icon and under properties un-flag "Hidden" and then go back to the Files and Folders properties and reset the general flag.

If you are running version 3 then file types in the cache are all .CACHE. In earlier versions the files had different type designations. If you are going to revert to an earlier version of VP then it's best to remove all NCH files and folders (including the cache file) before re-running the vpsetup.exe for the earlier version.

Nat