bought this VideoPad and the video doesn't work

ileansolutions

Hi everyone, I bought this Video Pad video editing yesterday and I tried adding a few clips, overlays, but then I was editing the last clip and decided to remove it and replace it with another clip... but the old clip will just not GO AWAY... when you play the movie it keeps playing the clip that I REMOVED!!! why does it do this?? I tried cleaning out the cache, restarting the computer and nothing!! it seems to be embedded into my project when I removed it from the timeline.... this really sucks. Oh, and when I add another video clip to the end you can hear the sound but over the "removed" video clip.... what is this!!!

Any suggestions? or this just 'the way it is'?

I am using .avi video files converted from an .MTS format that comes from my camera... even Windows movie maker works!

Can't even get going with my first video.

Hi

Obviously if you removed it, it shouldn't play. How are you trying to remove the clip please? The method (easier in storyboard mode) should be to right click the clip (turns blue and it will appear in the left hand preview window0 and select "Remove selected clip"

If you have not detached the soundtrack from the clip it should all be removed, and the left hand preview window will empty. If you have detached the soundtrack from the clip, this will remain on one of the other tracks and then still play along with any new clip you may place above it.

If you have previously saved your project and then subsequently reload it, your deleted clip will, of course reload.

If you want to remove it from your project right click it in the media list window and then select "Remove items". It should then go from your media list, but unless you have also removed it from the sequence line it will remain there and be capable of playing.

To remove it completely remove it from the sequence line and then the Media list window, then resave your project.(.vpj file)

Hope this helps

Nat