Subtitles Problems - Apostraphe's Missing, and additional line added underneath space

hebrewsongs1

Sometimes when I paste into subtitles, my apostrophe's (') just don't appear.

Also, I would appreciate it if the videopad makers would not add that extra line in when pasting subtitles into the subtitles section, because I want to have the text on the bottom of the video and not have to delete a line every time I paste into it. Is there a fix for this?

I have videopad 4.44

Thanks!

Hi

With VP 4.45 apostrophes seem to come up OK if you type or paste them.

In normal use (don't use them a lot myself) you can select a clip and "Subtitles" and type your text to play between the IN and OUT markers. The text will appear on the clip in the edit window and will register as you type. Don't instinctively press "Enter" when you finish as this will add the blank line.

However I think there may be a bug here as if you HAVE pressed "Enter "and the subtitle has moved up then if you delete the text from the edit window (and presumably delete any blank lines as well) The retyped text appears higher up the screen as if the blank lines still exist.

To get around this I had to delete the text and close the subtitle window and then restart. When I tried this my subtitle remained on the clip and I got rid of it eventually with the back arrow.

I am possibly doing it wrong but that is what I found. :-)

Nat

Hi,

Yes, I've found apostrophes are missing if you using input methods other then English. For example, ‘ ’ will not appear in VideoPad.

Thanks for reporting the bug!

I don't get the extra line when I paste though. Could it be the return is included when you do the copy? Try paste the same line to Notepad see if there is a return at the end.

Hi

Highlightling/copy/paste from notepad doesn't produce a blank line.

Just found that you can delete the empty line if you place cursor in the edit window at start of that line (i.e. under the visible text) and press Backspace.

Deleting just the text (from the end of the text) using Backspace as one normally does does not delete the empty line even if Backspace is repeatedly pressed after the text has disappeared.

Nat