Exporting video ruins sync - please help!

LolaRose

Hi, I am a fairly new user to VideoPad and have successfully used it to create YouTube videos in the past, however this latest one has proved a total pain and I'm near my wit's end.

It is a music video of a track recorded in a studio - video uploaded to VideoPad from camcorder SD card, I unlinked the audio of this video (as music was through my headphones so the video audio is just the vocals without music), and added the finished audio recording separately. I spent AGES fiddling with the timings of the video so that it synced up with the audio, then added start and end titles. On VideoPad, the lipsync is perfect and totally happy with the video.

On exporting, however, every time it produces a finished video where the lipsync is out. I have tried this about 8 times now over the last two days, to different formats of export (all the ones I can get on the free version anyway), I have messed around with the resolution, asked it to detect the right resolution and gone with that, and every time it has produced a slight delay on the music from where I put it in the sequence, and it ruins the whole thing.

Please give me some advice or let me know who I can e-mail to fix the video into a working exported version as I have really lost my patience with this! I don't know why it keeps failing as last time I produced a YouTube video on VideoPad it worked perfectly. It is something I am aiming to do more often so would like to learn a failsafe method to avoid this time-consuming and stressful process!

Many thanks

Lola

Hi Lola,

I'm sorry for the troubles. If only the latest version causing the problem, I'd suggest you rollback to the early version you've used and get the job done first.

We store all the installation files for previously installed versions in the application folder. You can locate the application folder by checking the properties of the shortcut icon. For example on Windows 7 it would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad.

If you can't find the previous installation file, please contact our support team to get one.

If that proven there is a bug in the latest version, we'd like to get your help to fix it. If you can upload your project files on DropBox/Google drive, please PM me with the links. Please note that we can not work on your project, those files are only used as testing materials. I'll post here if the bug is found and fixed.

Best regards.

P.S. I would also like to ask if anyone else here got the same problem?

I had a slightly similar problem recently where if the video-linked audio and the backing track were recorded using different sampling rates, then I had a heck of a time getting the mix to synchronize properly.

In my case, the difference was significant - the backing track was recorded at 44.1 KHz 24-bit and the video-linked audio was recorded at 192KHz, 24-bit.

Changing the sampling rate for my USB mic made all the difference, and in retrospect, it made perfect sense.

Different recording sources/sampling rates can cause problems. Recorders are often sync-locked together, to ensure that this doesn't happen.

The above doesn't appear to be the case here, as LolaRose had earlier success with VP. Hopefully, NCH's analysis of the material will unearth the cause.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lola,

I'm sorry for the troubles. If only the latest version causing the problem, I'd suggest you rollback to the early version you've used and get the job done first.

We store all the installation files for previously installed versions in the application folder. You can locate the application folder by checking the properties of the shortcut icon. For example on Windows 7 it would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad.

If you can't find the previous installation file, please contact our support team to get one.

If that proven there is a bug in the latest version, we'd like to get your help to fix it. If you can upload your project files on DropBox/Google drive, please PM me with the links. Please note that we can not work on your project, those files are only used as testing materials. I'll post here if the bug is found and fixed.

Best regards.

P.S. I would also like to ask if anyone else here got the same problem?

Hi c_major, thanks for your response. I have looked on my computer and I no longer have the earlier version. I am on Windows 7. How do I contact the support team? I am only using the free home-use version of the software...

is there a way to transfer my created file to the earlier version soIi don't have to re-do it all again?

Many thanks

Lola

P.S I just tried saving my files through File/Backup Project Files to put on Dropbox and share with you, but it failed and would not let me do it :(

Hi Lola,

You can contact our support team also via this link: http://www.nch.com.a...port/index.html

You'll need to register(purchase) VideoPad to obtain an older version though. If you purchase the software and there is a bug causing this issue, we'll provide you a free upgrade when this bug is fixed. We'll give you a full refund if we can not solve the problem.

Could you tell me what's the version number which works fine for you previously? The version number can be easily found at the status bar (at the bottom of the main screen).

For the other thread:

I also do not seem to have the option of 'enable lossless video exporting' (it reckons I have v3.72 on my Help/About Videopad).

v3.72 is not the latest version. We've fixed some bugs since that. The latest version(v3.89) can be download from here: http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/vppsetup.exe

You can try the latest version for free with limited number of times to export.

And videopad won't let me put it in one file by File->Backup Project Files To Folder

(It comes up with a message saying the jpeg has failed, the video has failed, the sound file has failed etc so won't do it)

Could you please manually copy all the media files used in the project and the .vjp file into one folder, zip it and upload to DropBox? Please also provide a screen shoot for the error messages. You help is most appreciated.

Best regards.

I upgraded my version. It is now v.3.89. Run my project, in Videopad it is perfectly in sync. It struggles to run the preview and is not in sync. I have ticked 'enable lossless video exporting'. On exporting just waited over 45 minutes and it has failed to sync properly yet again :(

If your audio is Mp3, try instead recording in WAV format, then add that to the timeline in place of the existing audio.

For company support... http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/support.html

my audios were from a recording studio session, and are all mixed and mastered final editions in mp3s. I will try converting them to wavs and adding that to the timeline, thanks for the tip

Hi Lola,

You can contact our support team also via this link: http://www.nch.com.a...port/index.html

You'll need to register(purchase) VideoPad to obtain an older version though. If you purchase the software and there is a bug causing this issue, we'll provide you a free upgrade when this bug is fixed. We'll give you a full refund if we can not solve the problem.

Could you tell me what's the version number which works fine for you previously? The version number can be easily found at the status bar (at the bottom of the main screen).

For the other thread:

v3.72 is not the latest version. We've fixed some bugs since that. The latest version(v3.89) can be download from here: http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/vppsetup.exe

You can try the latest version for free with limited number of times to export.

Could you please manually copy all the media files used in the project and the .vjp file into one folder, zip it and upload to DropBox? Please also provide a screen shoot for the error messages. You help is most appreciated.

Best regards.

The error messages no longer come up now I have upgraded to v.3.89 so have managed to save the vjp file. Just waiting for this to upload to dropbox and will send over to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lola,

Thanks for the video you've shared with us. We had found the problem and fixed it.

VideoPad is now under testing and there will be a new released soon. The fix will be included in the new release.

Unfortunately we've found that the problem was in preview playback - not exporting. So you when you upgrade to the new version, your project will be out of sync in the preview. You'll still need to adjust it again. This time should be exported correctly.

Best regards

Hi Lola,

Thanks for the video you've shared with us. We had found the problem and fixed it.

VideoPad is now under testing and there will be a new released soon. The fix will be included in the new release.

Unfortunately we've found that the problem was in preview playback - not exporting. So you when you upgrade to the new version, your project will be out of sync in the preview. You'll still need to adjust it again. This time should be exported correctly.

Best regards

Many thanks c_major, glad you got to the bottom of it. When is the new version going to be out? Keen to get on with videos!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am using version 3.89 and am having the same issue with the audio/video matching perfectly before I export it. I have tried various formats and ways to export the video but it always ends up where the audio/video don't match up.

I even tried the enable lossless option and it doesn't help.

What can be done to correct this issue I am having?

I tried another video editing software I purchased before purchasing VideoPad and it worked fine, the audio/video is a perfect match before and after exporting.

What needs to be done to make the VideoPad Editor work?

Thank you.