Clips limited to 4min 56 seconds

Chiriqui

I have a Toshiba laptop, probably not the best. Pentium processor, 500 gb disk with lots of space., running Win 7. Every .avi I try to load is cut off at exactly 4 min 56 seconds. I see VideoPad has a setting to limit length of photo clips, I was hoping there was some similar setting to limit length iv video files. I tried loading a 23 min avi into movie maker, it loaded very quickly, so I think the filea are OK and the computer is fast enough to at least load a file. Too bad Movie Maker is so whimpy!

Hi

If you load an .avi file to the media list which is longer than the cut off length you seem to be getting, and without putting it onto the sequence line you switch to LIST VIEW for the media window, what duration is listed for the clip?

Under normal circumstances there is no upper length limit for video clips save cache memory and your patience while loading. There is no setting to alter this.

Image clips are not limited to duration either as you suggest but unlike videos, there is a setting that can be used for this purpose.

As Borate asks, what version of VP are you using please?

In a lot of cases problems get resolved if you re-install the software. Have you tried this?

Nat

I have been experiencing the same problem with .avi files. It is OK with .mov and .mp4 files. I have upgraded to the latest version today (licensed version) but the issue still exists. I am using Windows 7 on a fast machine. Any longer .avi gets cut at 0:4:56

Using VP 3.61 a 7:33 AVI loaded into the media area almost immediately and on the timeline in just seconds. It was complete.

AVI is a wrapper for various codecs.

Under the TOOLS menu|OPTIONS|DISKS tab, clear the temporary files, then try reloading the AVI.