Recording through soundcard

jeff1garrett

I use Wavepad to edit music files recorded through my soundcard with Realplayer. The files play OK in Realplayer and Windows Media Player, but when I open them in Wavepad, there is a sudden loss of volume where the music is lower, as if the editor detects the end of the track and is automatically fading out. When there is a pause in the music, the sound completely drops out for a moment. I have tried recording directly with Wavepad, with the same result. Is there a way to avoid this or restore the file to the original form?

• 1 month later...

Bump... I'm experiencing a similar problem. Since this was never answered. Did you find the solution to your problem or could someone answer this now?

• 1 month later...
Bump... I'm experiencing a similar problem.  Since this was never answered.  Did you find the solution to your problem or could someone answer this now?

I finally raised the 'line in' volume control in Windows while recording from an external source; I think raising the 'wave' volume works for recording from the Internet and any other source on the computer; this seems to have solved it. Thanks.