Debut won't record anymore!

UltraCody

I'm not tech support but I had the same problem and under options, output, output file name, I reset my 'autonumber' naming to 0 and it worked. Don't know why. Now I have it ask me for a file name each time. Hope that helps you.

My problem now is that I can't get it to capture any more than 15fps and much of the time it's at 5fps even though I have it set to capture 29fps.

I have a logitech9000 that captures in HD in it's webcam software.

Sent an email to support but haven't heard back yet.

• 4 months later...

I had it working fine until yesterday, I have no idea what happened. I didn't change any of the settings, but I did notice that when I uploaded the .wmv files to YouTube, they were no lonfger full screen width, but were cut off an inch or so on both sides. That's not the problem though. Now when I record, everything seems to be working fine just like before, except when i play back the recorded .wmv video my computer screen goes "BLACK" and it gives me an error message saying something about my video driver not responding!! And my monitor settings go to the lowest possible, meaning everything is super large like 800 x 600 or something like that and then I have to do a restart just to get back to a normal screen.. Frustrating as hell, cuz I had taken a half day off from work to spend recording some new videos for my YouTube Channel.. Can anyone tell me if maybe I have to make a change in my driver/codecs/ or whatever. I'm truly a novice at recording from a desktop cam (which BTW is a 3COM Home Connect cheap model, but was working fine for my purposes till now.. :(

What OS do you use?

If it's Vista try to update your video card driver and you can also try to disable Aero desktop theme if you have it enabled.

I had it working fine until yesterday, I have no idea what happened. I didn't change any of the settings, but I did notice that when I uploaded the .wmv files to YouTube, they were no lonfger full screen width, but were cut off an inch or so on both sides. That's not the problem though. Now when I record, everything seems to be working fine just like before, except when i play back the recorded .wmv video my computer screen goes "BLACK" and it gives me an error message saying something about my video driver not responding!! And my monitor settings go to the lowest possible, meaning everything is super large like 800 x 600 or something like that and then I have to do a restart just to get back to a normal screen.. Frustrating as hell, cuz I had taken a half day off from work to spend recording some new videos for my YouTube Channel.. Can anyone tell me if maybe I have to make a change in my driver/codecs/ or whatever. I'm truly a novice at recording from a desktop cam (which BTW is a 3COM Home Connect cheap model, but was working fine for my purposes till now.. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

If the program was working fine and then one day it just stopped, that will usually meen that something with windows has changed. ie: updates etc.

Doing a system restore to the last tima that debut was working will reverse any system changes that have taken place.

start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore

thankyou