Express Scribe Ignores Registry Settings?

parkins

When I change settings for fastspeed and slowspeed in the Express Scribe Settings/Playback window, Express Scribe does not "remember" them for future use.

When I change the settings for fastspeed and slowspeed in the Windows Registry, Express Scribe ignores them and loads "defaults".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Patrick

When I change settings for fastspeed and slowspeed in the Express Scribe Settings/Playback window, Express Scribe does not "remember" them for future use.

When I change the settings for fastspeed and slowspeed in the Windows Registry, Express Scribe ignores them and loads "defaults".

Do you mean the "Variable Speed Slow (%)" and "Variable Speed Fast (%)" settings?

Are the settings you tried to save below 25% or greater that 225%? The Options dialog doesn't mention it, but Express Scribe will limit the values to this range.

Yes, I do mean those settings.

It seems like Slow can be no lower than 25, and Fast can be no lower than 100...

Is there a reason for the limit? Using settings outside those bounds seem to work within a session...

Thanks,

Patrick

It seems like Slow can be no lower than 25, and Fast can be no lower than 100...

Is there a reason for the limit? Using settings outside those bounds seem to work within a session...

It wouldn't be fast if it was less than 100%, so that makes sense. Not allowing speeds below 25% might be a sound quality issue.