I'm still having problems with the 4.09 upgrade?

Sting

Well I installed the 4.09 upgrade , and I’m still having problems. I wanted to try and burn a Data DVD to see how the newer version works.

Well I inserted a brand new DVD-RW into my burner: Pioneer DVD/CD Writer DVR-710,

And it tells me *the inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again*. Though the disk hadn’t anything on it and I knew it was blank, I did as it asked.

After about 5 minutes had passed, a window pops up telling me: “The Disk has been successfully erased”. O.K. so I go about it again making sure: Data DVD is highlighted and that ISO+Joilet file system is selected. I click on Add Folder, and select the folder that I’d like to copy and then click on Burn DVD. A window opens: “Burn ISO+Joilet DVD and I make sure everything is correct and then click O.K". Then the same message pops up: *the inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again*. I tried this three times with the same Disk and I get the same message each time. So I ejected the Disk and tried another, figuring maybe something was wrong with the Disk. It did the “same thing” with the other Disk, so now what do I do?????? My O.S. is XP home Edition, and my Burner is listed above.

Well I installed the 4.09 upgrade , and I’m still having problems. I wanted to try and burn a Data DVD to see how the newer version works.

Well I inserted a brand new DVD-RW into my burner: Pioneer DVD/CD Writer DVR-710,

And it tells me *the inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again*. Though the disk hadn’t anything on it and I knew it was blank, I did as it asked.

After about 5 minutes had passed, a window pops up telling me: “The Disk has been successfully erased”. O.K. so I go about it again making sure: Data DVD is highlighted and that ISO+Joilet file system is selected. I click on Add Folder, and select the folder that I’d like to copy and then click on Burn DVD. A window opens: “Burn ISO+Joilet DVD and I make sure everything is correct and then click O.K". Then the same message pops up: *the inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again*. I tried this three times with the same Disk and I get the same message each time. So I ejected the Disk and tried another, figuring maybe something was wrong with the Disk. It did the “same thing” with the other Disk, so now what do I do?????? My O.S. is XP home Edition, and my Burner is listed above.

I can burn a Data CD-R and a Data CD-RW with no problem, but “nothing” when it comes to Data DVD’s.

No matter what I try, I get the same message: “The inserted Disk is not empty. To erase it, select the option “Erase Rewritables if they are not blank” and try again”!!! Looks like I'm going to have to uninstall 4.09 and reinstall 4.08.

With 4.08 I could at least burn Data DVD's using the UDF file system. With 4.09: "Nothing"!!!

Well I did a complete fresh reinstall of 4.09. Now it lets me Create and Burn and ISO Image,

Verifies the Burn and even tells me the Disk has been successfully created. But when I go to look at the Disk and the contents on it, “ITS BLANK”!!! I give up. No matter what the situation is or what DVD Disk I use, it tells me the Disk is not empty; to erase it. And when I do, it takes at least 5 or more minutes to completely erase a "blank" Disk.

God, how long would it take to erase a Disk that really has data on it?????

I've got the same issue. Neither data DVD nor data CD write properly. They all come out blank.

The entire process from start to finish seems to be going fine according to the dialog boxes that pop up.

Using NEC Optiarc AD-7170A and TDK DVD-R recordable DVDs, and Sony CDRs

Using windows XP professional and Express burn 4.09

Windows writes to CDR fine. There is no problem with the drive itself.

Can anyone at NCH reply?

Update: I think there is a problem with the drive and not the software. I used IMG Burn to make a DVD but the DVD was also blank even thought the writing process went fine including the verify. I put this newly written DVD into a fujitsu DVD drive on a laptop, and the dvd read fine. Any thoughts?

Update: I think there is a problem with the drive and not the software. I used IMG Burn to make a DVD but the DVD was also blank even thought the writing process went fine including the verify. I put this newly written DVD into a fujitsu DVD drive on a laptop, and the dvd read fine. Any thoughts?

This could be true, but on the other hand, we’re all not using the same drives. Some are using a: CD Writer, while others a: DVD Writer. From Pioneer to Samsung to whatever, the list goes on and on. Why we’re having this problem, has me mystified? And to make it even more complex is to burn a CD/DVD successfully on your system, then to view its content and the Disc appears to be “blank”. Then to take that Disc and insert it into another burner and it plays, has me scratching my head!!!