File association

Guest dognip

Guest dognip

I installed Wavepad master edition on my computer.

I like the program but, one thing is driving me nuts:

I do not have Wavepad associated to open my Wave or MP3 files when I double click on one of them. I have my Jetaudio player to play these files.

However, every time I try to play one of my tunes, I get the Wavepad batch converter window instead of my player.

I checked the file association for my player to make sure it is the default for Wave and MP3s and it still opens with Wavepad.

I unchecked the file association in Wavepad for Wave and MP3s in the program itself and it still opens my music files with the batch converter window!!!!!

I checked in the "file association" menu in windows and it is saying that Jetaudio is the program associated to open Wave and MP3s, but it doesn't.

How do I fix this annoying problem??????

Thank You

:angry:

• 4 months later...

Similar problem: In Windows File Explorer I can normally double-click on any of my audio files (including ALL my music) and Windows Media Player automatically starts playing the song. I like WavePad a lot, but now that I've installed it, double-clicking any audio file opens the WavePad Batch Converter instead. Every stinkin program I install tries to make itself the default/file association (whatever it is) for all my files....why can't the program just do its job and leave my computer the way I want it??? Can anyone help me fix this incredibly annoying problem? Thanks a lot!

I installed Wavepad master edition on my computer.

I like the program but, one thing is driving me nuts:

I do not have Wavepad associated to open my Wave or MP3 files when I double click on one of them. I have my Jetaudio player to play these files.

However, every time I try to play one of my tunes, I get the Wavepad batch converter window instead of my player.

I checked the file association for my player to make sure it is the default for Wave and MP3s and it still opens with Wavepad.

I unchecked the file association in Wavepad for Wave and MP3s in the program itself and it still opens my music files with the batch converter window!!!!!

I checked in the "file association" menu in windows and it is saying that Jetaudio is the program associated to open Wave and MP3s, but it doesn't.

How do I fix this annoying problem??????

Thank You

:angry:

Hi usmar:

Hmmm. I'm sitting here trying to duplicate your problem -- but I'm not sure exactly what your problem is. Do you WANT WavePad to open MP3 and WAV files, or DON'T you want WavePad to open the files you double-click on?

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Try these:

~ Right click on any file with the extension that you don't want WavePad to associate with

~ Select Properties

~ Click Change to select the program you want to open the file with

Similar problem:  In Windows File Explorer I can normally double-click on any of my audio files (including ALL my music) and Windows Media Player automatically starts playing the song.  I like WavePad a lot, but now that I've installed it, double-clicking any audio file opens the WavePad Batch Converter instead.  Every stinkin program I install tries to make itself the default/file association (whatever it is) for all my files....why can't the program just do its job and leave my computer the way I want it???  Can anyone help me fix this incredibly annoying problem?  Thanks a lot!

• 6 months later...