Broadwave Worked and then 'Died'

JRayfield

I had Broadwave working fine and then it just quit. When I try to connect to it, even from the computer on which it is installed, the message screen in Broadwave indicates that I have connected and that audio is streaming. However, Media Player just sits there with a 'Connecting' message and never actually connects.

Any ideas from anyone as to what the problem might be?

John Rayfield, Jr.

Guest nchcc

I'd suggest you look at finding out what it was that made the program quit on you. Then again, if you have no clue, a reinstall may be an option. Of course if you were to do that you'd want to make a backup of the .exe file so you can reload the program without having to purchase it again. Also note that if you do a reinstall and it has been more than 28 days since you purchased you may have to contact NCH and have your ID Key reset in order for that to work.

• 3 months later...

I decided to get back to this problem and try to get Broadwave working again.

I am using the 'free' version and I do have the necessary links on my website.

When I try to connect to Broadwave, it indicates that I have connected, but Windows Media Player actually never connects.

I've got the ports open properly through my firewall/router and 'pointed' to the computer on which Broadwave is installed.

I've tried connecting from another computer on the same LAN where Broadwave is installed and that doesn't work either.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Broadwave, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

John

I presume that you are looking at the public IP address of the router and the IP address is fixed.

I used to have a router that whenever you changed a setting, the router's IP address would change. It was a nightmare.

It could also be that you are not waiting long enough for your media player to build up it's cache. Mine typically takes 5-20 seconds to get up and running.

I've been using Broadwave for a while now, both on Windows and on Ubuntu Linux using Wine. I find that the server crashes after a few hours, which is not suitable for radio station use. It even looks like the users are still connected, so you can't tell at the server end.

Broadwave needs a little work and then it'll be fantastic.

I'm also waiting for a native Linux version that actually works at all.

Dave.

(multiplatform_user)

I decided to get back to this problem and try to get Broadwave working again.

I am using the 'free' version and I do have the necessary links on my website.

When I try to connect to Broadwave, it indicates that I have connected, but Windows Media Player actually never connects.

I've got the ports open properly through my firewall/router and 'pointed' to the computer on which Broadwave is installed.

I've tried connecting from another computer on the same LAN where Broadwave is installed and that doesn't work either.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Broadwave, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

John