call forward to cell through callcentric?

nanbarnes

I'm setting up IVM (I have version 4.5, so if an upgrade is the only way to make this possible, please let me know) and I have all incoming sales calls routed to a voip hardphone extension. But if I'm not there to answer, I'd like it to transfer the call after 4 rings to my cell.

There is some reference in the help menu to the fact that it must be a voip transfer - so I can't just enter my cell #, right? So do I need to forward to a voip # (I use callcentric), and have them transfer the call to my cell?

I read on another forum post that there was a problem with callcentric and transfers - does it apply here? If so, should I buy a number with another provider for this purpose, and who would the best provider be?

Also, I believe that only a blind transfer is possible; is that true?

Thanks for your help!

You are correct that Callcentric has a problem with initiating call transfers (at least with NCH software). I'm not sure of the exact reason, although NCH says it's due to a bug in Callcentric's system.

This is the first time I'm announcing this to anyone, but I am in the process right now of starting up my own affordable VoIP service. I plan on letting people from these forums have a chance to test the system out before anyone else does to make sure it's fully compatible with all of NCH's software (which I want to make a priority).

My aim is to have:

- Full compatibility with call transfers (blind & confirmed) for NCH software

- Ability to pick your outbound Caller ID number (since Axon lacks a feature to set one)

Other planned services/features:

- Affordable outgoing call prices for business and residential users (e.g. 2c/min to anywhere in the USA or Canada, great international rates)

- Incoming local numbers with unlimited channels (simultaneous calls) for as low as $4 a month plus usage (numbers available for all over the world)

- Toll Free numbers available for many countries around the world (including USA, Canada, UK & Australia) starting at just $4 a month plus 4c/min incoming

- e911 support for emergency services (USA)

- Online control panel to manage your VoIP account

- Support for: G.711 ulaw/alaw, G.726, G.723, G.729a, iLBC and gsm codecs

- Standard extra call features (including voice mail, call waiting, etc.)

- Unlimited outbound channels

Let me know if you're interested.

It's up and running right now actually, it's just that it's not available to the public just yet until I finish testing with IVM/Axon/Express Talk.

If you're willing to a be a beta tester though I can set-up an account for you and add a couple of dollars of spending money to test outbound calls and transfers.

I'll PM you with the details in a bit.