arranging tracks

Janell R

I just downloaded Express burn because I find the Windows burner in XP dosen't do all I want it to. I love having :blink: the CDDB to put song titles on for me. Question Can I rearrange tracks so that they are in alphabetical order by title?

Also Can I export , or cut and paste the table of contents to use in another program the make a TOC for the jewel case insert

Thanks

Janell R

How are you burning the CD. As an Audio CD or a Data CD?

If you are burning an audio CD

You can change the order just by dragging a song to the desired location

If you are burning a data CD

You cant change the order. Files are required to be in a specific sort order. The only way to change the order would be to rename then files

Express Burn does not use CDDB in any way so I assume you are referring to Express Rip using CDDB when extracting the files.

Currently you cannot export the song titles but it is a good idea and will add it into the next version

• 2 years later...
How are you burning the CD. As an Audio CD or a Data CD?

If you are burning an audio CD

You can change the order just by dragging a song to the desired location

If you are burning a data CD

You cant change the order. Files are required to be in a specific sort order. The only way to change the order would be to rename then files

Express Burn does not use CDDB in any way so I assume you are referring to Express Rip using CDDB when extracting the files.

Currently you cannot export the song titles but it is a good idea and will add it into the next version

I am converting vinyl records to .wav files to save on a cd. My goal is for the files on the cd to be in the same order as the tracks on the record. It does not seem to matter whether the files appear in the burn list alphabetically, if I drag them into a new order, or if I rename them A01, A02, A03, etc, and re-sort them-- they do not burn to the cd in that order. Instead, they burn as follows.

If I have 12 tracks, they burn in the order 1,2,11,12,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

If I have 14 tracks, they burn in the order 1,2,11,12,13,14,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

I am using Vista. Has anyone else noticed this "problem", and is there a way to avoid it?

• 12 years later...

It's a pity that experts on ExpressBurn doesn't seem interested in solve this problem 😕

When I burn a CD in [Audio], of corse I drag the track to the window and find as all here says, the tracks appears in opposite order. 
Then I choose [Data]. The tracks appears again and remain the same opposite order.
Then I choose [Audio] again and most times the tracks now appears in the right order. 🙂