Note to all concerning IVM and Remote desktop(RDP)

Guest DeBuDGuY

Guest DeBuDGuY

Hi everyone,

I have tested several Answering software out there, top find IVM to my liking. After several days of testing, i finally bought it to be a simple answering machine for my appartement.

Now after buying it, i start getting problems, the line is picked up and the message doesn't play anymore... and when i check the logs it says it played the message and hung up because it was silent after...

After DAYS of diagnostics and driver updating i found the problem... Really simple...

I connect regularly to my computer using remote Desktop conection from work to check things from time to time... and well when connecting using this, it opens a session and changes the input/output devices to send the sound to the computer i access it from. It also seems that IVM cannot see the modem when connected in RDP. So when i disconnect.. it keeps the setting to answer line 1 with "nothing" so it checks nothing at all. So i had to switch to VNC to correct the problem.. now everything works fine.. !

Thought i'd let you guys know,

It may be a known issue or not i dunno but hey, have a nice day

Marc

• 6 months later...

Work around/Solution: Before starting the RDP session, click on the 'Local Resources' tab within the RDP client. One of the options is for 'Remote Computer Sound' -Select 'Leave at remote computer'

Click Connect and RDP away!

G :)

Hi everyone,

I have tested several Answering software out there, top find IVM to my liking. After several days of testing, i  finally bought it to be a simple answering machine for my appartement.

Now after buying it, i start getting problems, the line is picked up and the message doesn't play anymore... and when i check the logs it says it played the message and hung up because it was silent after...

After DAYS of diagnostics and driver updating i found the problem... Really simple...

I connect regularly to my computer using remote Desktop conection from work to check things from time to time... and well when connecting using this, it opens a session and changes the input/output devices to send the sound to the computer i access it from. It also seems that IVM cannot see the modem when connected in RDP. So when i disconnect.. it keeps the setting to answer line 1 with "nothing" so it checks nothing at all.  So i had to switch to VNC to correct the problem.. now everything works fine.. !

Thought i'd let you guys know,

It may be a known issue or not i dunno but hey, have a nice day

Marc