Calls Dropped on Hold

psykomotor

Not sure if this is Axon, Express Talk, or even my VoIP Provider's fault - but for some reason if I hold a call, some odd music plays for the caller (this is NOT the hold music I have set on ET or Axon) and then after 5-6 seconds, the call is dropped. Playing around with the options has lead to some equally weird situations such as hold working, but not being able to speak/transmit after resuming and hold working but not being able to resume at all.

Most everything else seems fine. Audio is bidirectional, and of good quality.

Running Axon 2.0 and ET 3.06 (problem also occured on Axon 1.31). Axon on a W2K3 Server box @ a remote location. ET Running on a PC behind a NAT - but then, why should NAT be the problem if the line works fine otherwise ? VoIP provider is aql.

On a side note : How come VoIP seems to need to make a notification of 'hold' status... surely it would make more sense to mute the mic, and stream audio down the same channel without messing with the fragile SIP protocol ?

Thanks in advance.

Some developments.

Alike to a an issue I faced initially with Axon/IVM - the calls dropping during hold seem to be due to having multiple IP's on my Servers NIC, Axon detects the wrong IP (and nothing will seem to force it to accept that is is not using the other). I can only disable this temporarily so is there any official word from NCH about this sort of situation ?

What is annoying is I seem to have one-way audio now (no outbound), so I've sort of ended up going full circle... Can't tell if this is from ET on my local machine or at the Axon level on the server... I think it might be axon actually because now I'm not even getting audio from IMS lol...

I'm in a bit of a tight spot because I want to buy IVM Pro, VRS Enterprise, IMS and a few ET Business editions - but I just can't go ahead with it until I've seen everything work, I can't afford to have my telephony mess up further down the line.

Some developments.

Alike to a an issue I faced initially with Axon/IVM - the calls dropping during hold seem to be due to having multiple IP's on my Servers NIC, Axon detects the wrong IP (and nothing will seem to force it to accept that is is not using the other). I can only disable this temporarily so is there any official word from NCH about this sort of situation ?

What is annoying is I seem to have one-way audio now (no outbound), so I've sort of ended up going full circle... Can't tell if this is from ET on my local machine or at the Axon level on the server... I think it might be axon actually because now I'm not even getting audio from IMS lol...

I'm in a bit of a tight spot because I want to buy IVM Pro, VRS Enterprise, IMS and a few ET Business editions - but I just can't go ahead with it until I've seen everything work, I can't afford to have my telephony mess up further down the line.

Hi,

maybe i have the same problem? When i put on hold a phone call, the system don't drop the libe but it's impossible to listen to IMS on hold music.

Did you solve your problem?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi,

maybe i have the same problem? When i put on hold a phone call, the system don't drop the libe but it's impossible to listen to IMS on hold music.

Did you solve your problem?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi,

I have not yet solved the problem. My VoIP provider are looking into it. I'll update this thread if there are any developments.

I am having *numerous* problems getting the whole network to work, so I will write up a new thread with all these issues when I have the time.