Burned DVD will not play on computer or in DVD player

bjfickel@ecpi.com

:unsure: I just downloaded the free version of Express Burn. I burned movie files to a DVD to watch on TV. After burning it will not play on the computer or in the DVD player. How can I get it to work?

I have similar problem with a free version that I have just downloaded. I want to create a DVD with photo files as back up. The process works fine with CD's but although writing and checking are completed the DVD cannot be read by the computer that created it.

• 1 month later...
I have similar problem with a free version that I have just downloaded. I want to create a DVD with photo files as back up. The process works fine with CD's but although writing and checking are completed the DVD cannot be read by the computer that created it.

Yes I also have a similar problem with the free version of Photostage. The DVD is recognised by Media Player 11 but is not able to play the contents. The same applies to DVD players attached to my TV. The DVD can be played on computer using Power DVD. Both WMP11 and my DVD players will play the MPEG2 format on CD. I have no idea to the problem other than its an encoding issue within the software.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have purchased the Software and I am having the same problem.

There must be some method to finishing the burn, or a property that needs to be switched

on, in the software, to enable the disk to burn so that is can be viewed in a standard DVD player.

Thanks,

R

You have to buy Express Burn PLUS to burn DVDs. They are have technical problems with the plus version right now and they are working on a fix!

The fix seems to be taking a while. In the meantime, the charge for the unusable software has appeared on my credit card statement.

I've asked before but have seen no official response: is there an earlier version that we can download and use as a workaround to burn DVDs (and in my case, CDs as well) until the fixed version appears?