CDR/RW "Sort-of" Not Recognized Using Win XP

SA Jack

Hi:

Just downloaded Express Burn, but I'm having a problem burning anything. If I place a CDR in my burner, the program auto starts and defaults to "Audio CD". If I put a CD/RW in the drive, the program auto starts and defaults to a "Data CD". I can create a compilation with no problems. However, when it's time to burn the CD, I'm taken to a window to create an ISO Image file. If I go to the Menu bar and select Burner > Select Burner, I get a window "Please Select the Burner to Use" with a highlighted "blank" window, with nothing in the drop down as well.

I know the drive is fine because it worked with Roxio, currently works with CD Burner XP, and currently works with Golden Records.

So, what's preventing Express Burn from working as well?

I really like the simplicity and intuitiveness of the program. So I don't want to give up on it without making a post on this forum requesting assistance.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi,

Not sure if this will be of any help, but what type of burner are you using? The reason I ask, I was using a DVD CD burner and no matter what they tried, couldn't get Express Burn to work with it. I had to buy an external burner and then everything worked fine.

BTW, my DVD CD burner was a Pioneer.

Express Burn is a cool program, I hope you can get it working!

Lewner

Hi,

Not sure if this will be of any help, but what type of burner are you using? The reason I ask, I was using a DVD CD burner and no matter what they tried, couldn't get Express Burn to work with it. I had to buy an external burner and then everything worked fine.

BTW, my DVD CD burner was a Pioneer.

Express Burn is a cool program, I hope you can get it working!

Lewner

Thanks for responding.

I have a Teac CD-W58E. It is a CD R/RW. Never had a compatibility problem before. I don't understand why Express Burn seems to see it on auto play, reads the CD contents and type of CD, but draws a blank when using it as the burner. I just don't get it. SA Jack

Just to say that I have the same 'default to data CD' issue. (See my topic audio/data CD of April 1st in tnis forum). I'm on Vista.

A tech-savvy friend said I should use Nero to make CDs.

I emailed NCH about my problem with their Express Burn outside the forum too, but received no response. That's a shame because Express Burn really does look good. If only it would work.

Just to say that I have the same 'default to data CD' issue. (See my topic audio/data CD of April 1st in tnis forum). I'm on Vista.

A tech-savvy friend said I should use Nero to make CDs.

I emailed NCH about my problem with their Express Burn outside the forum too, but received no response. That's a shame because Express Burn really does look good. If only it would work.

I agree. I had no problem burning with Roxio in the past, and CD Burner XP in the present. However, I like the simple, intuitive interface of Express Burn. However, it appears not to be well supported by the publisher.