Axon and my voip provider

madlac

1st I thought it's a IVM problem but I've found out this :

If I put the Group Hold Options while waiting on Basic Hold Chimes, calls coming in from outside VOIP just disconnect right away. If I leave it on Ringing only, it works ok...

The log shows my provider uses Asterisk.

CSeq: 103 BYE

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

Max-Forwards: 70

X-Asterisk-HangupCause: Normal Clearing

X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode: 16

Content-Length: 0

Any ideas ? Thx

Calls coming in from outside VOIP just disconnect right away
Are you referring to analogue calls (e.g. through a modem or telephony board)? Or what is meant by calls outside VoIP? Is the problem that incoming VoIP calls hang-up after getting transferred to an Axon group (when hold chimes is enabled)?

I only have VOIP numbers thru Axon, and yes, if I put the chimes on, it just hangs up at the 1st ring....

Probably some signalling issue between Axon and my provider's Asterisk ( Acanac.ca)

Thx

Are you referring to analogue calls (e.g. through a modem or telephony board)? Or what is meant by calls outside VoIP? Is the problem that incoming VoIP calls hang-up after getting transferred to an Axon group (when hold chimes is enabled)?

Contacted my phone provider and they say it must be my PBX as their Asterisk is a standard one...

So I assume is some setting inside Axon as others complain about similar issues. Could you guys make this "hold call ? signaling" a selectable option in the next update ?

Thx

P.s. here is a piece of Sip trace I got, just wondering if it would be something in the Allow line ??

15:36:33 UDP Packet Received from **.**.255.42:5060 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OPTIONS sip:905******@*****.homeip.net:5060 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP **.**.255.42:5060;branch=z9hG4bK565698f0;rport

From: "asterisk" <sip:asterisk@6**.**.255.42>;tag=as35b4e0e0

To: <sip:905*******@******.homeip.net:5060>

Call-ID: 40bb6c1c764e4f7c4e3a334874c7e48b@**.**.255.42

CSeq: 102 OPTIONS

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

Max-Forwards: 70

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:36:34 GMT

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY

Supported: replaces

Content-Length: 0

I only have VOIP numbers thru Axon, and yes, if I put the chimes on, it just hangs up at the 1st ring....

Probably some signalling issue between Axon and my provider's Asterisk ( Acanac.ca)

Thx

Update, maybe it will help someone :)

As I couldn't get my call-in to work with Acanac ( my home phone number), I registered a free account with Voxalot and thru a Sip Broker local PSTN access line I can get into my IVM now.

Thx to the help I got here I was able to set up my IVM so I can call an extension on my Axon now, no matter where that extension is located, also I was able to call out to a variable number using my dial-out plan.

Problem is resolved. :)) (hopefully)

Thx to all who helped.