No sound when recording?

Guest Guest_Judy_*

Guest Guest_Judy_*

Hi - Don't know what I am doing wrong!! I can tell that my info is recording, but when I play back, I hear nothing!! I have tried over and over to fix, and have come up with nothing... Any ideas/help??? Please, so frustrated!

• 11 months later...
Hi - Don't know what I am doing wrong!!  I can tell that my info is recording, but when I play back, I hear nothing!!  I have tried over and over to fix, and have come up with nothing... Any ideas/help??? Please, so frustrated!

Hi Judy,

What are you trying to record from?

If you are recording from radio or tape recorder - you can plug the cable to your computer into microphone or line in.

Whichever one you use, you have to match it up in the Record Control panel where it says Input.

A note now about the two inputs. I am in the process of recording onto the computer to burn cds from my audio tapes. First off I used the microphone input, but I found that unsatisfactory as I couldn't hear what I was recording. So I put the cable into the line in and can hear exactly what I want, when to start the recording and when to stop.

Just remember to change the input to match where you are recording from.

Hope that helps.

Ardena