NEWBIE - Capturing Audio From CD

dance55

I have an audio CD and want to capture that audio and bring it into WavePad and then place some music over it. Do I first bring it into the cptr? If yes, should I just use the CD player in the laptop? Or play it on an external juke box and cable it in?

Once it's in and I have the file, do I just bring it in to WavePad?

-OR- is there some way to bring it in DIRECTLY to WavePad? That would be the eaiest and preferred way!!

I would appreciate your giving a lot of details. I'm new to all this audio recording 'stuff' .

Thanx for any help - and if it's no problem - can you PLEASE send the answer direct to me at: dance55@ix.netcom.com

T H A N X -

DANCE

I have an audio CD and want to capture that audio and bring it into WavePad and then place some music over it. Do I first bring it into the cptr? If yes, should I just use the CD player in the laptop? Or play it on an external juke box and cable it in?

Once it's in and I have the file, do I just bring it in to WavePad?

-OR- is there some way to bring it in DIRECTLY to WavePad? That would be the eaiest and preferred way!!

I would appreciate your giving a lot of details. I'm new to all this audio recording 'stuff' .

Thanx for any help - and if it's no problem - can you PLEASE send the answer direct to me at: dance55@ix.netcom.com

T H A N X -

DANCE

Email sent, but also thought I'd mention it here. You may also wish to check out the following website if you consider yourself a "newbie" when it comes to digital audio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping

The answer to this is much easier than you might think. Simply "rip" the CD (the process of turning an audio CD into MP3 files). I'd recommend using ExpressRip to turn your audio CDs into digital files. This program is available at http://www.nch.com.au/rip/index.html

Once you have your audio CD in a digital format, you can then just open these files through WavePad.

CT