Capture numbers

amalsp

Hi,

i am trying to configure IVM to capture some numbers and store them to a text file. The OGM reads out some instructions and the user has to enter the number which will be recorded in the text file.

In the Key response i have ticked "Data Entry (Variable)"--> variable name "no" --> length 4.

In the advanced tab I have ticked "add entry to special log' and given the file name as "D:\number.txt" and the log line as "%date%,%time%,%linename%,%cid%,%no%"

In the IVm main window the variable no = 2222 is shown but in the text file only

2007-12-06,14:58:03,PCI SoftV92 Modem #2,Unknown,

is shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Amal

Here's a work around: link to a second OGM and write the variable from there. Apparently, the variable is not yet accessible when the log file is written in the first OGM.

Thanks. i found that out quite by accident. I set a global variable and captured that variable after the OGm. It was writing the global variable. Apperently the log file is written before the OGM and the capture of the key strokes.

Thanks for your suggestion. Will try that out.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a new user of IVM Answering Attendant, so I apologize if my question is a little basic. Like the original poster, I want to capture the key presses when a user calls. I only need to record a single key press: 1-8 , and write it to a text file. I have the variable set up as 'number' as well as the %time% and %date% which both show up in the log. But these are written before the key presses. I tried to set up a second OGM as indicated in this thread, but I'm not sure of how this should be configured. Also I'm a little confused as to when this data is supposed to be written to the file. I see the variable being set in the status window when I simulate a call, however it is never written out to my file.

Basically I want my OGM to state:

"Press 1 for song a, press 2 for song b," etc. The resulting log file should contain a single line with the key that was pressed. Seems like this should be a trivial thing, but I'm just not seeing it right now. Can someone please help me understand the sequence of events that needs to happen to accomplish my goal? Thanks in advance.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Please ignore my previous post. I found the credit card example to be very helpful in getting my application to work.

Mark

Can you give a link to this example file, or may be you can help me how to do that. I have sam problem you had already.

Thanks in advance