Sequence preview out of sync, but NOT the export!

jvilkka

New here, and new to VideoPad. I have been, in general, happy about how well the program works. I seem to be using the Professional version, v. 16.08 Feb 20 2024. I have no training in anything like this, so it's nice to have a simple, intuitive program. So far all I have done with it, is cutting videos (using crossfades and such). Previously, I have had no issues, and I wonder if that might be because I have always done everything in one session, then exported the video (I like how fast that happens!).

BUT, now I have a strange issue:
I recorded an unusually long (for me) video, about 75 min. I then started doing the cutting I explained above, but because it took me too much time to do in one session, I just saved the project, to continue a few days later. I thought everything was going smoothly as it always had so far. But when I opened the project, the audio and video in the preview were completely out of sync!

I couldn't figure out what had happened, as I had done everything as I always do, except that I have always done everything in one session.

The WEIRDEST thing is what happened next. 
I was getting depressed (it took me hours to do the cutting, and I might have to do it again; repetition is hell), but thought I would just see what happens when I export the file. Amazingly, the exported file looks as it should! All the cuts, fades, whatever, are there, and audio & video are in sync, as they should!

The only problem with that file now is that I have about one third of it still uncut, so I will use this exported video and make the cuts on that one in a new project. The original project is messed up and useless.

I didn't know how else to make a bug report, but I thought this is the sort of things you should know about, so here I am. I don't know what else I can tell you, or if anyone can even begin to explain to me what happened to my project, but maybe I'll be surprised. :)

First of all, update to this release.  If it doesn't solve the sync issue, come back here for further help.

Nothing should be lost, as your work was saved.  The original should now load correctly.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the caret to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Thanks! I updated the program. Didn't try the same file again, but I did leave another project  (a much shorter one, but still) halfway through, and was able to continue it later normally. :)