Sound sync

My videopad software is throwing the sound out of sync. The camera clips are in sync but when I open them in the software they are off and export off. I know I can split audio/video and re sync them BUT I have never had to before, this is the third time in a row its happened.

I use 2 X Gopro 9s, and GoPro max (which I pre edit the max to mp4) all the clips are fine on the computer synced up OK. I use a mini Mac 2023 still under warranty 8gb ram and clean hdd never had a problem until the last few videos, I have also updated Videopad although it was only 1 version behind and tried it again same result. most of the "film" I am putting together does not matter on the sync but the 1 clip facing the camera does and I can't sync it and have not had a problem like this before I've even tried to edit that 1 clip on its own and add it back into the final "film" and it's off. 

Update; I have just opened the camera clip on my older Mac that still has the software loaded on it, 2010 i3 fully desktop loaded up with everyday rubbish and despite taking 30mins to get to the point I could watch it the clip is in sync, I've not exported the clip as that will take hours compared to the minutes my mini Mac takes. 

Any suggestions guys 

• borate changed the title to Sound sync

Let's see what you have.  Share the project.  Someone will analyze it and perhaps come up with a solution or recommendation.

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps closely...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for that, Im uploading the requested files, its late Monday evening and Im on a 4g connection, (joys of living nearly off grid), I have only used the 1 file not the complete video and not edited the file in anyway just loaded it into VP (preview is out of sync) done the Back up, so the folder has the project file and the original. In the folder I have added a renamed original file (at source not through VP straight from the camera not a copy)  and an export result file.

Due to UK time and work it will be Tuesday evening UK time before I get back to you with the link

Many Thanks

Tim

Here is the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Nw2PgbL-sM1oqmNgjssJulIXcaZU0MON?usp=sharing

The problem has been for the last month at first I thought it was the radio mic but it's not and correct out of the camera. 

4 files the untitled.vpj project with GX010775 are the 2 working files, I have also added out-of-camera, that is the gx010775 renamed and not gone through the software, it works fine on my Mac. and I did an Export so you can see the result I was getting.

PS the clips are unedited whats ever I saved the project before I exported it for the export file. 

Don't worry about the subject of the video I'm not a UFO nut LOL it was just a follow on from a previous video as the weather cancelled what I was going to do. 

Many Thanks

Tim

Both the original 10775 and the test export files look to be in sync here in viewers and in Videopad 16.09 (64) on Windows.  Sorry, don't have a Mac.

The original and my export were also loaded into VP on separate tracks.  Waveforms matched perfectly.

Click the envelope at the top-right of this forum and open your Personal Message.  Click the link to download my 4K mp4 export, which also seems dead on.  If it isn't when played there, that points to an issue with the Mac or the VP Mac software.  To eliminate the Mac, play both exports on another computer, if one is available.

You might put it to company support, referencing this thread.

OK will have a play with the files I have a windows pc I can run them through but not tonight 10pm UK time LOL.

I think I said I ran the file also through my 2010 Mac with no issue (other than the extended workflow time) , I also know the terms of the license its just the software has not been deleted from that Mac, I did buy the license on a windows pc and moved across as I bought better cameras that slowed the pcs down but up until a month ago the 5k GoPros worked fine on the mini Mac.

I will work on this over the next few days as I keep the mini Mac next to clean as possible I have a win pc I can wipe and load up and try against even wipe the Mac will let you know, surprised you don't also run a Mac as a support member.

Many Thanks Tim

Work with the NCH, but not for it - just a user, like yourself.^_^  Their techs have more extensive technologies on hand.

Can't replicate your findings here, but if the test export linked in the PM jitters at your end, then something 'local' must be the cause.

You can always test drive the latest release - fully featured for a short time as a trial - even if you haven't purchased.

Here's the Mac beta - possibly free with some feature limitations.

Thanks borate, 

I've done some tests and concluded that my mini Mac is at fault as yet I don't know why. YOUR FILE WAS PERFECT SYNC even played on the mini.

I reran the file on the 2023 mini Mac and the 2010 desktop Mac , again the mini was out of sync even in the software before edit (I also had reloaded the file from the camera each time. I also ran it on a Windows Mini pc (intel NUC6i5syh) a i5 1.8ghz 4gb ram. now that's a windows pc that is as basic as it gets it can bolt to the back of the screen on the VESA and just run office software for a call center type thing and it was bang on in sync, and hour to import it but in sync. oh and it was also downloading a windows update so far play to it. 

What I will do over the weekend is wipe the mini Mac and reload it and try again and let you know (and anyone reading these posts) and see how a fresh install of the OS and software works. The mini Mac was bought for my video stuff and not as my home pc and I hope that this thread will help others if they get a problem

Thanks borate I will update after the weekend