Mixpad can't start playing...

Thorne

I have an important project I started on the free version, the trial period ran out so I purchased the software. Now the exact same project will load fine, but when I try to play it I get the error message "Mixpad can't start playing, please check if your device can only be used by other applications exclusively" which is a weird message but okay.. so I checked my sound system settings, under advanced for the device I'm using, I've both checked and unchecked "Allow applications to take control of this device" with no effect whatsoever. Pretty frustrated with the whole deal. I've the same problem on another computer which has a previously purchased version of Mixpad. I'm at a loss here, any suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Edit: I changed to the graphics card audio under "Options" and it worked fine (if tinny sounding). Then I switched back to my Realtek sound system and the problem seems to have corrected itself. I didn't do anything else, lol. Anyway thanks :)

Edited by Thorne
Came Clear While Testing

Hi,

Please make sure to close all other applications that are running in the background to prevent your microphone from being used by any other program.