'Take Snapshot of Sequence' producing blank images

absoluteDann

Hi all.

I've recently updated to V16.09 from an older version that might have been two or three years old.  Since the update, I've noticed that when using the 'Take Snapshot of Sequence' option has been returning 'blank' images.  They appear as transparent in the Videopad Image clips, and the actual files in the folder look like black PNG images.

I'd at first thought they might have somehow been  taking snapshots of the wrong video track, but the same thing happens when I use a project with a single video track.   I've tested this with both projects that were started in the previous version, and brand new projects,  and with an array of different video files as source.  I couldn't find any posts with this noted as a known issue.

Is there anything I could do myself to rectify this?

Thanks.

Thanks as always @borate

I think this install looks to be the same VP version I'm already using.  I tried with this install and faced the same problem, but I tried to take Snapshots using the preset image sizes, and these saved.  It seems like the blank images are only being generated when I'm trying to save using the custom size option and only for certain dimensions.

Specifically, what certain dimensions?  Let's see the image in question...

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, right-click the link and Share.  Copy the result and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view.