Save split clips as a separate file

razecarz

Having converted vob files to mp4 i would now like to pick out individual segments and save them separately without having to delete everything except the one piece of video I am trying to save.  In other words, split my video into multiple segments and save each one individually.  Is that possible?

-0-

I just figured it out.  Split your clip and then drag it into the media bin.  Voila! Now export it as a separate file!

-0-

Ok, did not work as expected.  Actually exported original clip without video i was trying to separate! Must be getting close though.

• borate changed the title to Save split clips as a separate file

Similar to what you described...

Drag the new clip to the bin.

Create a new sequence by clicking the + sign to the right of the existing sequence tab.

Drag the clip from the bin to the new sequence.

Export that sequence.

You can create multiple sequences, then export them all...  image.png

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

-0-0-

Correction.  Worked for one clip.  Multiple clips not so much.  Exported them all together as one clip.  Exporting one clip at a time worked for most.  After 10 or so, only exported audio no video. Ready to give up.  Last program I used was Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 - worked like a charm.  Unfortunately does not work on my Windows 11 PC.

Should not be an issue.  Place all the clips to be exported on a track in the new sequence.   Export sees all tracks in the sequence.  Tested that here via the method described above and it succeeded.

As to no video, share a clip or two that has the issue.

Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, right-click the link and Share.  Copy the result and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view.

What version of VP is being used?  Install this one and see if that makes a difference.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.