Sound constantly out of sync with my videos

maggythecat

Hi im using 11.53 version (paid edition)

I have cleared cache, tried reinstalling and it makes no difference

I do music videos, and i am constantly finding that when i put videos into videopad

The sound or video is always off by a second or half a second

How it reflect in the videopad player is not how it reflects in vlc or windows media player afterwards

(and i know it isnt my computer because when i send the file to myself on whatsap on my phone and play it there, i will see its usually half a second off)

And the half a second makes a big difference

What can i do about this, its starting to take up a lot of my time, to constantly need to fix this

Thank you

11.53 is dated.  Try this somewhat newer release.  Even if not licensed, it can be test driven as a trial.  Ignore any virus warnings.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

If there's no change, please take the time to share your project for analysis.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  Right-click the file and click SHARE. When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for late response to your reply

I shouldn't have to buy a brand new video pad again that's not fair.

But I've spent five hours trying to sync a 1 hour video because this video player is getting worse and worse.

It's always a millesecond off and then at random off again throughout the video!

A somewhat more recent release within your six-month grace period after purchase may be worth trying.  Check here, and ignore any virus warnings.

You might also test the current version.  As a limited time trial, it will cost you nothing.  Just retain the old installer, to revert.

What type of video files are being used?

Take the time to share the project, as instructed above, and someone will find a solution.  This can be done privately.